BundyMum update

Old Oct 9th 2004, 8:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BundyMum update

Well, here I am in Jersey yet again.....

My mum actually looks a lot better than I had feared. She's just started eating again and is consuming quantities of some vile looking drink that contains 1300 calories per glass . As one who has been on the chubby side for years, she keeps proclaiming that she never thought she'd see the day when she actually needed fattening up! She's on a new cocktail of drugs which seem to be working and she's not looking too bad. Just made her watercress soup (fat and diary free )

My dad's wobbling - tears at the airport as expected, but he's calming down now I'm here.

I've got a day of ironing tomorrow and then will be pestering the hospice, GP and oncology department on Monday until I get someone to do something about the pain my mum is in. Wheeling out the family stubborn streak again....

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and words and PMs - all greatly appreciated as ever. BundyMum says hello to you all.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 8:25 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy

My mum actually looks a lot better than I had feared. She's just started eating again and is consuming quantities of some vile looking drink that contains 1300 calories per glass . As one who has been on the chubby side for years, she keeps proclaiming that she never thought she'd see the day when she actually needed fattening up! She's on a new cocktail of drugs which seem to be working and she's not looking too bad. Just made her watercress soup (fat and diary free )

My dad's wobbling - tears at the airport as expected, but he's calming down now I'm here.

I've got a day of ironing tomorrow and then will be pestering the hospice, GP and oncology department on Monday until I get someone to do something about the pain my mum is in. Wheeling out the family stubborn streak again....

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and words and PMs - all greatly appreciated as ever. BundyMum says hello to you all.

Bundy mum fights back again. Good on you Bundy Mum, xxx
Bundy get your mum some of the Gillian McKeith Living Food super powder, can be found here http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk
I have just ordered some as it's supposed to be fantastic and contains blue green algae which she says is a superfood. If you get a chance check out page 202 of her book 'You are what you eat'. If you can view a copy PM me and I'll type it for you.
Love and hugs to you both.
Sarah
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Bundy mum fights back again. Good on you Bundy Mum, xxx
Bundy get your mum some of the Gillian McKeith Living Food super powder, can be found here http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk
I have just ordered some as it's supposed to be fantastic and contains blue green algae which she says is a superfood. If you get a chance check out page 202 of her book 'You are what you eat'. If you can view a copy PM me and I'll type it for you.
Love and hugs to you both.
Sarah
Very best of luck there Bundy. I wish you and your parents well.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Very best of luck there Bundy. I wish you and your parents well.
I'll second that .......good luck and and hope all goes well

Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Bundy - give your mum a hug, and don't neglect yourself this time! Let us know how you get on with the boffins, they must be able to do something for the pain.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, best wishes to everyone, glad things are looking up

Take care,

R.B
Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

PHew! Glad she's eating etc!!

Good luck with the ironing and then the doctors on Monday!!!!!!!!!!

best wishes to you all.

Look after yourself!!

xoxoxoxox

Simone
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:27 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Glad you made it back OK Bundy, & that your Mom is looking better. Bet she's really pleased to see you, too - and that watercress soup sounds great!

Keep up the good work with perstering the medics about her treatment - it does seem those whose relatives shout the loudest get the best/fastest treatment, so go for it....

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Hi Bundy,

Really pleased your mum is looking better,
I agree, those that shout the loudest get noticed far quicker and more effectively than those that don't.
I really don't believe there is any need for anyone to be in pain in this day and age, it may take a day or two to fine tune the medication, but you will definately get there.
Don't worry about upsetting anyone, just shout until your mum is painfree.
Love to you and your family

bex66
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:01 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bundy,
So glad to see your mums eating and feels a bit better. I wish you all the best with the hospice/GP and Oncology Dept.
Your poor dad as well - bless him and bless you! Don't forget to take care of yourself as well!!!
Thinking of you.
Shell
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Ask all those involved in your mums care to provide you with a copy of her care plan for pain control,
Question who is responsible for evaluating her careplan and assessing her needs, Ask why it has not worked and why?
This should get them thinking!!

I spent many years teaching the care planning process to private homes and the biggest downfall is no one takes responsibility for reassessing and evaluating care.

Hope all works out well, love to your Mum
Di
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the useful information and advice, as well as the continued support.

I'll be asking the GP some tough questions as soon as he gets to work tomorrow and aim to have my mum booked in for an x-ray at the very least, if not another bone scan.

Just made the old Jewish Penicillin (chicken soup) as promised and BundyMum had two bowls, to something must be working! I've been juicing like crazy because my dad has been letting that slide a bit so took her up honeydew melon and spirulina for brekkie.

Thanks for the link Sarah - I've looked it up, very useful. Spirulina is algae but my mum doesn't much like the taste so I aim for little and often to disguise it.

I've also ordered her a whole load of stuff from Neal's Yard to cheer her up.

She's even venturing out on a drive around with my dad this afternoon. taking her to acupuncture tomorrow, the chiropractor on Wednesday and the dentist on Thursday (she cracked a tooth today - and no, it wasn't on my cooking!)

So, things are looking up a little. Had a long, long chat with her about the plans to go to Oz.....sum total of it is that I don't think we can go quite yet. My parents would never tell me to stay, but looking at the practicalities of it I'd be leaving my parents in a really tight spot if I loped off to the other side of the world. So some thinking to be done there, when my brain can cope with it. Hmmm.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:25 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the useful information and advice, as well as the continued support.

I'll be asking the GP some tough questions as soon as he gets to work tomorrow and aim to have my mum booked in for an x-ray at the very least, if not another bone scan.

Just made the old Jewish Penicillin (chicken soup) as promised and BundyMum had two bowls, to something must be working! I've been juicing like crazy because my dad has been letting that slide a bit so took her up honeydew melon and spirulina for brekkie.

Thanks for the link Sarah - I've looked it up, very useful. Spirulina is algae but my mum doesn't much like the taste so I aim for little and often to disguise it.

I've also ordered her a whole load of stuff from Neal's Yard to cheer her up.

She's even venturing out on a drive around with my dad this afternoon. taking her to acupuncture tomorrow, the chiropractor on Wednesday and the dentist on Thursday (she cracked a tooth today - and no, it wasn't on my cooking!)

So, things are looking up a little. Had a long, long chat with her about the plans to go to Oz.....sum total of it is that I don't think we can go quite yet. My parents would never tell me to stay, but looking at the practicalities of it I'd be leaving my parents in a really tight spot if I loped off to the other side of the world. So some thinking to be done there, when my brain can cope with it. Hmmm.
Bundy, i hope you & your mum are doing well, keep your chin up.

The Madsads.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Bundy.

Glad your mum is picking up. If Aus is not to be just yet, it will happen and when it does, things will just slot in to place.

I think I'm with your mum about the algae - foul stuff however it's disguised. I know its good for you, but.....
Old Oct 10th 2004, 7:20 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Bundy

I bet your mum and dad are so pleased you are with them for a little while, Your dad will gain strength from your visit, it will give him a chance to sit back and renew his strength.

Take Care of yourself and your mum and dad.

Julia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.