removals

Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removals

Hi all, we are moving in August from the south. Can anyone recommend good shipping companies or those to avoid. All help gratefully received.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:32 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removals

Originally posted by Cath
Hi all, we are moving in August from the south. Can anyone recommend good shipping companies or those to avoid. All help gratefully received.
Hi Cath,

We've not yet got this far, but there are plenty who have. Do a search on 'removals' or 'shipping companies' and the threads will come up. Lots of comments on PSS, Anglo-Pacific, Crown etc etc.

Hope that helps...
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I used Stirling in UK . Very good plenty of men on the job. Cleared up well.
Helinuk
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by helinuk
I used Stirling in UK . Very good plenty of men on the job. Cleared up well.
Helinuk
Meant to add that my friends are returning to Melbourne next week and also using Stirling.
Do PM me if you want details I'm not so far from you in the south. .
H.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:45 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using a local company who have been fab so far, we also know other people who have used them and were pleased with the price & service
They are Global360 Witney Oxon 01993 700111 ask for Paul Harflett.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all that. I had better start getting on the phone. I reckon the time is going to fly by.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Crown, Anglo Pacific, Pickfords all recommended and Anglo give you eight weeks free Strorage x
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Will&Rosie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cath,

We're at the same stage as you and have had 4 companies round to quote. Crown, PSS, John Mason & Dorree Bonner. We're going to use PSS as they were the cheapest and seem to be recommended on this site. We've tried to book for the third week in Feb & are just awaiting their confirmation at the moment.

We were told PSS were really busy when we called them and had to wait 4 weeks for an appointment to get the guy to come round to give us an estimate. So if you're intending to get a quote from PSS, I'd get in quick!

Good luck

Rosie & Will

Last edited by Will&Rosie; Jan 12th 2004 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:14 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Hi,

we used GB Liners (on reccommendation) and have had no end of trouble. So I'd say stay away from them even though their price is very competitive.

Joel
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I used a local company who entrusted my boxes to Anglo-Pacific for the actual shipping. They "forgot" to load 3 of them into the container, that was in mid-November.
At the moment the 3 are still missing, no-one can tell me which ones they are until the others get through customs this end, and the last I heard was that they might be on a ship heaing for Taiwan, but as there is no paperwork with them the chances of getting them back are remote!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:30 am
Judy&Alun

Dodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant future

hi all,
we used angol paciffic manchester team,the office staff are ok but the team they sent to pack the house were c**p.
basicalyif it's not nailed down they pack it,they used clothes to pack out breakables,they packed things we asked them not to! and not to put a nail in there coffin they smashed the trailer tents breaklights
price wise they were very comepative
What i can give nothing but good feedback on is the team from planet move who were great and couldn't do enough to help,there even coming back for the rubbish!!
Judy & Co
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

We had quotes from these:

- John Mason (est. 655') : £2,500 for 655' of space
- PSS (est 731') : £2,700 for complete 880' container (including 2 weeks free storage in the UK)

So to keep things simple we're going with PSS, that way it doesn't matter if we take a bit more stuff, we've got the whole container.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Something to bear in mind!
I have had 6 quotes. Apart from one that insusted I needed a 40 cubic meter container, all others stated 20 cubic meters. However when the quotes came through, most stated that the shipment was not to exceed the estimated volume, even if this was less than the container itself. example, container is approx 1000cubic feet, quote stated shipment was not to exceed 870 cubic feet. I assume that if it did, I would get charged more. Make sure you read the quote throughly!!!
regards
Nick
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Question Sorted out removals insurance?

Hi

Have you gone with the insurance that your removalists provide? We have gone with Doree Bonner but their insurance won't cover us as we have packed the few boxes we have ourselves.

Can anyone reccommend a company that will insure our stuff?

Piers