removals

Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removals

i know that this has been asked loads of times but which company would you recommmend

we are going to get three in to give us quotes in the next couple of weeks but we are unsure about which ones are good

arlene
Old Dec 29th 2003, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Arlene,

I did a search on this and trawled through the posts, there didnt really seem to be a concensus, there were good and bad reports on all the big names so it may just be the luck of the draw!

Michaela
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Arlene,
Personal opinion at present would say don't touch Anglo Pacific - my removers have just told me that when Anglo loaded my stuff into the container they "left 3 boxes behind". They say that companies are so busy at present that we should expect such small oversights!! They haven't told me where the boxes are or what ship they are on, and the paperwork has been sent with the original consignment, stating that all the boxes are there - so i am going to have real fun with Customs, trying to explain why the inventory doesn't match the goods, and why I don't know which boxes have got lost!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but surely "losing" 7% of the consignment is pure incompetence, and if they are so busy that they can't cope they should stop taking on new business!

Pollyana
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Guess who we've just booked with!!!
Thanks Pollyanna, might have a rethink.
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cross your fingers, might just be my usual bad luck. Its the excuses I can't believe - not sure whether they originate with ALS (the removal firm) or Anglo Pacific, but they are pathetic either way!
ALS have just told me "not to get emotional" over the missing boxes! - fabulous, you lose 7% of my life for me, after I have paid you a fortune, and you expect me not to get emotional! I have just suggested he tries emigrating one day without being emotional!!!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Definately rethinking, cant have that sort of atitude, perhaps I should let them know why they'll be losing our business, forum power!!!

Michaela
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: removals

Originally posted by arlene
i know that this has been asked loads of times but which company would you recommmend

we are going to get three in to give us quotes in the next couple of weeks but we are unsure about which ones are good

arlene

We used DB in the UK and Grace over here.

We are missing a few things (odd things that I knew were there because they were with things that did arrive!) which I know weren't left in the house. The box numbering wasn't a 100% correct and which still leads to a question mark over a missing box and a few bits were missed at the house.

On the plus side, the packing was tops, one piece of damage to a dining chair although it could well have been iffy before the trip.

Personally I could only give them a 6/10 'cos of the missing stuff.

As for Pollyana's lot, I'd report them to the BAR assoc. and go round there to demonstrate my "emotional" state with a baseball bat.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 3:13 am
Home and Happy

Baseball Bat at the ready! Annoying bit is that the removal company (ALS) are blaming everything on Anglo Pacific - who did the loading and shipping, but I haven't got a contact there.
As soon as I have possession of the majority of the goods I shall be on to the BAR, no worries. At the very least I would've expected to have been told about the missing items when it was discovered - in mid November, rather than yesterday.

The company dealing with the goods this end, OSS, are absolutely disgusted to find that they have an inventory for 42 boxes, when only 39 were loaded, and were horrified to find that I haven't been told where the others are.

As Michaela said Forum Power could be valuable here!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana

As Michaela said Forum Power could be valuable here!

Yep, tried that one with HSBC when they were mucking me about. Within 2 hours of a mail to customer disservice, I was delaing with the head of International Banking (at least I think he said banking). Top service from then on.

No sure it'll work with AP, but these guys should understand onw complaint generates a lot of lost custom.

Best of luck and hope the stuff you're missing wasn't too important.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Shan't know what it was till OSS check whats arrived this end - but all the stuff I brought was either important or of sentimental value. Thats life, I guess.
According to an old thread a lot of the shipping firms browse the forum, so i may not even need to shout too loud!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello arlene - ooww I feel a song coming on.

We used PSS in the UK and Kent removals here in Oz, and would recommend them both. Excellent service and no damage or breakages.
Read Crabtree First Instalment for more.

Whisky
Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

montagt is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using Crown, we had 4 companies in for a quote and they were very competitive. In fact one of the salesmen from another company told us that he used to work for crown and that he cant recommend them highly enough.

One of the advantages is that they have offices on both sides so you wont have the problem the packers blaming the unpackers etc..

Tom.........

Perth by the 27th of January..........
Old Dec 30th 2003, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Nookie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals

We are using Sterling International. They came highly recommended to us by friends who emigrated to Melbourne 3 years ago. We also got quotes from elsewhere, but have found their service so far very professional. Some of the others seemed a bit "fly by night"!

We fly out to Melbourne 7 weeks today!

You can contact them at : sterlingrelocation.com or email : [email protected]. The chap we have been dealing with is David McWilliam.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:21 am
lynsteve

Cool

We used Scotpac, mind you that was 14 years ago!! But they were excellent, do you need info on Adelaide?

Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

only 42 boxes:scared: we have just had a tally up and we have 270:scared: and we have to load the 20ft container ourselves in 3 hours:scared: but it is only costing us £1.500 from middx to Adelaide