Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Designated area 139 - help!

Designated area 139 - help!

Old Dec 31st 2003, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Designated area 139 - help!

Can anybody help me pleeeease!!!!!??

I have been preparing paperwork for above visa for months after getting skills assessment back.
Problem is my sponsor/assurers tax assessment for this year (June 2003) is not ready and won't be till April 2004. It says on the form you need 2 years directly prior to application. I have got June 2001 and June 2003. I am so desperate to get this application off as it's taken me so long to get this far!!

Anybody in a similar situation/can advise?

This process takes over your life and takes so long!!!

Cheers

Jayne
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jayne, I have just got the visas going through the same sub class 139. my Brother was my sponsor and sent off his recent pay slips and bank details etc....and this was all ok. you colud try and give dimia a ring as well.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hello there - thanks very much for that!
I just can't believe how long it's taken me to get everything and now I'm worried as I don't have tax assessment for 2003. I think it's required as the assurer sorry not the sponsor. Is yours the same person? Your assurer would have also needed to submit tax returns I think? Do you remember?

Have you finally posted yours? How longs it been? Had an acknowledgement yet? I've heard 139's are going through pretty quick. Fingers crossed!!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assurer

Hi JayneS
We have used that route and got our visas
Yes you do need the previous 2 years tax details.
Did you mean you have 2001/02 and 2002/03?
2003-2004 tax year would not be available until april 04. Then the details are sent off.
if i remember correctly our assure sent the stuff away in jan/feb approx and got bill back in Aprilsh.
you should get the tax info from 02/03 in april.
hope this helps.
someone is sure to correct me if the tax times aren't right.
cheers
Phil
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucky you and congratulations!!! How long did it take you?

I have 2 documents - one says Notice of assessment ending 2001 and the other 2002 - I can't get 2003 until April 2004.
Do you think these 2 will be ok? I can always forward the other when I get it but don't want to wait to submit till April as I've been preparing this application for most of my life or so it seems!!

Where are you heading?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

After getting my skills assessment back ok, I sent off the main forms in march 03 and got the visias in the passports in december 03. My brother was my sponsor and assurer, he just sent lots of pay slips and other bank details and bills,proving that he had lived in south Australia for over 2 years.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Congrats to you as well!!
Fingers crossed and I'll send it Friday and see what happens.
I'm sure I've got everything but you know what it's like you worry and double check and double check. Every time I read form 47sk I find something else I interpret differently and therefore haven't done!! Nightmare. Just hope it's worth it and I get accepted.
Where are you heading?
I'm told you don't have to go to the designated area of your sponsor which seems a bit strange but there you go?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Heading for Adelaide, and will be there on the 14th January. good luck with your application..
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JayneS
Lucky you and congratulations!!! How long did it take you?

I have 2 documents - one says Notice of assessment ending 2001 and the other 2002 - I can't get 2003 until April 2004.
Do you think these 2 will be ok? I can always forward the other when I get it but don't want to wait to submit till April as I've been preparing this application for most of my life or so it seems!!

Where are you heading?
Yes it takes alifetime.
We submitted Nov 27 2002.
Request for medicals Feb 03
medicals submitted june 03
Request for bond 2 weeks later yes 2 weeks!
nightmare with submitting bond but sorted in December and passports posted & back with visa intact Dec 24.

i don't want to put your submission on hold but i believe you will need 2003 tax return. 2002/2003 is the previous year.

on a plus note we ended up emailing dima regarding our bond and all the grief getting it sorted. They were fine because at that stage they want it off their desk as much as you want the visa.
mho is to make sure a ll your paperwork is spot on and it will help the path run a little smoother. Being too quick with the wrong info may just hold you up and give you extra stress.
we're heading to Perth and i can't wait.
cheers
Phil
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

We know how you feel. We have had similar problems. You could always get an agent to check everything for you. There would proably be a cost invoved. But it might be worth it. I know they often do it at a much cheaper rate.

Good luck

RichNKim
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everybody for help and advice. I don't know what I'd do without this site.
I have asked George Lombard to check my application - I'm sending it to him first - very cheap and well worth it for peace of mind in my eye - problem is he's on holiday at the moment!!
Cheers.