Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal recommendations please!

Removal recommendations please!

Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:25 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Removal recommendations please!

Hi.
Can anyone recommend a removal company please?
I live in Lancashire Nr Wigan & will be looking to move to Oz in July this year.
I hear you need to give them a bit of notice so would like to get things organised.
Any info would be gr8.
Anyone got any prices for a sole use 20ft container?
Thank you in advance for any info
Dawn
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Removal recommendations please!

Hi,

I am a Wigan lass over here, we used Crown relocations they were fantastic.

Do a search on the forum and you will gets lots of responses as this question is asked often.

C x
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:41 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I used John Masons - based in Liverpool so not far from you. 765cft cost me £3000 which is around 75% of a container... Crown were trying to quote me a full container for £4500. John Masons quote started at £3600 but I got them down to a more realistic level.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

We moved two separate lots of household stuff over (don't ask!!) ... used Pickfords both times - they were more expensive than a local UK company we ask to quote, but not by that much (a couple of hundred pounds I think)... but we had used them a couple of times for moving in the UK and were confident with them. A Nottingham crew for the first lot ... they were exceptionally good ... a Leicester crew came for the second lot not quite so good, but no dramas ...

Two deliveries over here ... we're on Brisbane bayside... but Pickfords outsourced it to local firms (different ones) ... one was ok ... the other barely adequate ... did the basic job but unhelpful and unfriendly ... but to be fair, no major dramas ...no idea why Pickfords don't do it themselves ... I've seen their vans about Brissie and locally around Cleveland.

In hindsight I'd insist that they do the end 2 end job ...

Cheers ... David
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:07 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blossom
I used John Masons - based in Liverpool so not far from you. 765cft cost me £3000 which is around 75% of a container... Crown were trying to quote me a full container for £4500. John Masons quote started at £3600 but I got them down to a more realistic level.
Thanks everyone.

Can you tell me if there are more costs involved when your container arrives in OZ?
Sorry to be a pain!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Thanks everyone.

Can you tell me if there are more costs involved when your container arrives in OZ?
Sorry to be a pain!
Just going through quotes stage at moment with three removals companies coming round. Have had Doree Bonner, John Masons tomorrow and Anglo Pacific next week am also waiting for Crown to get back to me. Doree Bonner reckon I need a 20ft container (not reefer).
Will keep you posted as to costs.
$350 for inspection by customs and quarantine. Extra charges if they have to treat or destroy anything.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:01 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by maisey
Just going through quotes stage at moment with three removals companies coming round. Have had Doree Bonner, John Masons tomorrow and Anglo Pacific next week am also waiting for Crown to get back to me. Doree Bonner reckon I need a 20ft container (not reefer).
$350 for inspection by customs and quarantine. Extra charges if they have to treat or destroy anything.
Thank you sooooo much!
Dawn
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I started a thread about this a while ago: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493637

It's got quotes on it, hope it helps.

Ren.

(Not moved yet so can't quote on the level of service, though Crown have pestered us a bit and PSS said to call us when we are ready).
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

troj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant future

Hi,

Without going into too much detail... We used Anglo Pacific, absolute disaster.

Stuff was missing, broken, damaged etc, etc... oh, it was almost exactly a year from the day it left my house to the day the last box turned up.

I would burn all of my belongings before I use them again.

Troj
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Thanks everyone.

Sorry to be a pain!
Just got first quote from Doree Bonner inclusive of marine insurance
for 20 ft reefer £3680.00
for normal 20ft £3860.00
This is for 2 days packing, some special crates for valuable pictures and door to door delivery.
Got John Mason coming today will keep you posted.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Were moving in August from Hull anyone recommend any companies for this side of the pennines?

Cheers

Rob
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi We have had Crown this morning, Dorree Bonner on Friday and John Mason on Friday. From Halifax, West Yorks to Melbourne.

Crown bloke was really good, left lots of information, told us we would need sole use of a 20ft container. Quote to come will let you know how much when it arrives.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Hi - thought I would join in this one as I have started making phonecalls today!

Have just rung Crown, very helpful on phone, am waiting for White's to call back and did an on-line quote with PSS last nite, I don't have any prices yet, but these three seem to be amoung the best.

We will be going from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire to Buderim, Sunshine coast, some time this year!! depending on when partner gets his redundo! We have 3 kids under 9 and we've had our visa's 2.5 years, a lot of time on the fence, but we're ready for action now!!!

Sally & family
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

We are being packed by crown in feb using their door to door service - sole use of a 20ft container including special crates for tv etc was around 3.4k, after much haggling we have now agreed a price of 3,050 which we are happy with (going to bris)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sammyg
We are being packed by crown in feb using their door to door service - sole use of a 20ft container including special crates for tv etc was around 3.4k, after much haggling we have now agreed a price of 3,050 which we are happy with (going to bris)
That sounds really cheap! I think we're looking at sole use of a 20ft container - where you going in Bris?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.