Removal Quotes

Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Wink Removal Quotes

We are headed to Brisbane in August/September, haven't seen a removal thread for a while, thought it might be a good idea to get some idea of what companies are quoting at the moment, so far we have only had one quote from PSS, it came in at £3700 for a 20ft container, packing, door to door.. before I go and contact another 3 or 4 companies, what are the rest of you being quoted and by whom..

Many thanks...

I am thinking of contacting Pickfords and Bishops Move... any thaoughts!!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Removal Quotes

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We are headed to Brisbane in August/September, haven't seen a removal thread for a while, thought it might be a good idea to get some idea of what companies are quoting at the moment, so far we have only had one quote from PSS, it came in at £3700 for a 20ft container, packing, door to door.. before I go and contact another 3 or 4 companies, what are the rest of you being quoted and by whom..

Many thanks...

Just waiting for PSS to contact me to arrange a evaluation. Will let you know. Any news on the house front?.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks...

Hi, quotes we got are as follows

John Mason - £3800
Whites - £3264
Eagle - £3195
Winchester Removals (recommended by friend who moved to NZ) - £3075

quotes are for the same as you (20ft container, etc)

We are going to use Winchester Removals as they were recommended and the fact they are the cheapest is a bonus.

Tracy
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tracyd

John Mason - £3800
Whites - £3264
Eagle - £3195

We are going to use Winchester Removals as they were recommended and the fact they are the cheapest is a bonus.

Tracy
Sounds good, I assume they are based in Winchester, quite handy for us!! many thanks
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

John Mason - £3800
Whites - £3264
Eagle - £3195

Tracy
Tracy,
do you have the contact info on winchester removals.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

John Mason - £3800
Whites - £3264
Eagle - £3195

Tracy
Hi Tracy,
Could you PM me a contact name & No. at Winchester Removals? That quote sounds pretty good.

Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:28 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

http://www.eaglegroup-online.com/
Tel : +44 20 7254 1466/7/8

Talk to Onkar Sharma (mention the british expats forum).

He gave us a quote of about £3000 door-door (they pack here, we unpack in Perth). We`re in Kent.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone else had any quotes..
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

John Mason - £3800
Whites - £3264
Eagle - £3195

Tracy
Hi Tracey, Just been on Winchesters web site do they use 1st Move International for this type of move... I was a little confused.. have asked for a quote anyway, not heard of them before... has anyone else?

ta
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Spindels is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had a few - Global Moves/Anglo Pacific who work out of the same office were £3829 for a 20ft sole use container from Kent to Brisbane. The other I don't have with me but PSS were the cheapest out of Crown, Pickfords and Britannia, still waiting for John Mason.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Tracy,
do you have the contact info on winchester removals.
Hi, Contact details for Winchester Removals are 01962 860905, ask for Kevin Stow. All the other quotes were in before we spoke to them so used the lowest quote (Eagle) as a bit of a bargaining tool.

Tracy
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spindels
We have had a few - Global Moves/Anglo Pacific who work out of the same office were £3829 for a 20ft sole use container from Kent to Brisbane. The other I don't have with me but PSS were the cheapest out of Crown, Pickfords and Britannia, still waiting for John Mason.
Do a search for Anglo Pacific and see what sort of opinions people have about them :scared:
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tracey, Just been on Winchesters web site do they use 1st Move International for this type of move... I was a little confused.. have asked for a quote anyway, not heard of them before... has anyone else?

ta
I.d heard of them as I live near Winchester but didn't know that they did international. Only found out they they did when speaking to our friends who moved to NZ. They found them to be the cheapest and said they were really good and very helpful and friendly. We are going to use them (not sure exactly when as depends on selling house). Will let you know how everything went with them when the time comes.

I don't know who they use for this type of move (didn't think to ask), might be worth asking when/if you ring them.

Tracy
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Just starting out on the whole quotes thing. Thanks for the info. Just another thing to add to the To Do list. Why is life never easy?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:51 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Bear in mind that quotes will be different all the time for different people using the same size container, as it depends on where you are and what stuff you have to be packed (ie glass cabinets require alot more packing than a simple cupboard). It also depends on the fuel costs and things, as well as the £ - $ exchange rate (as all shipping is done in $`s).

We`re going with Eagle as they were the cheapest for us and had a no-nonsense attitude without all the glossy brochures. The other people were nice though and very professional (as they should be), but we are working to a tight budget and are quite happy going with Eagle (especially as they know I`ll be reporting how good/bad they are on this forum when it`s all over). They`ll be coming to pack on the 30th of May and the container will arrive on the 31st of May.

You could always save a bit more money by using a slightly smaller 20ft container (has less cubic feet). They have a name but I can`t remember it atm.... like Schooner or something (a ship`s name iirc).

Also, if you share a 20 or 40ft container with someone else it can sometimes save money (ppl`s stuff is all divided by a wooden wall) if you are both going to the same destination (anyone else going to Perth in June from SE England who want to share a 40ft container via Eagle??).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.