Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

removal question - advice really needed

removal question - advice really needed

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default removal question - advice really needed

Hi we have sold house and moving date is 14 Sept, Visa applcation went in back in June.

Had a few quotes from different shipping companies including quotes for storage as well.

Question is do I store with shipping company or do I store with a local company?

Anyone stored with local company and got shipping company to pick up?

Would really welcome any advise, when I ask my hubby he just says its up to me.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removal question - advice really needed

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hi we have sold house and moving date is 14 Sept, Visa applcation went in back in June.

Had a few quotes from different shipping companies including quotes for storage as well.

Question is do I store with shipping company or do I store with a local company?

Thanks

Nicky
Hi nicky, just deal with a major removal company , they will sort out your storage. ............mmmm
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Nicky
Hi Nicky,

We got a few quotes from the major shipping companies, which were Crown, White & Co, Pickfords and Donnet Bonner (or something!)

White and Co gave us the quote and offered us 8 weeks free storage at this end so we were able to use that to persuade the other companies to offer the same, which they did and we were able to pick which one we wanted knowing that we would get the free storage for a set time - so you could try this - Hope it helps

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Thanks

Nicky
Hi i had a few quotes and knew I would need storage, one offered 3 months so I bargained with others for storage
Initially free storage now
£112.80 for 27/07 to 28/08 that inc VAT
Cheaper to store in Oz but with no visa and stuff it was easier to leave it here til we knew what was happening

Last edited by sals; Aug 3rd 2007 at 3:27 pm. Reason: added info
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Good thing about getting the shipping company to wrap, pack and store is that they wrap it all correctly and load it ready to be shipped and labelled with full inventory.

Mick
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi thanks for all your replies, Atlantic have given us a really good quote 4 weeks free storage and £20 per week after, and they will wrap and pack it all at our house, think if we had the visa then it would be easier, just don't want to spend over £3k to move furniture and then get the visa turned down.

A Local company has offered to move us for £250 and store for £28 per week, advantage with this is that we can carry on using what bits we need as we are going into rental, but we have to pack ourselves.

Just don't know what to do!!

Does anyone know if you have to pay up front to a shipping company if you are not going to Oz until next year, we really did not think the house would sell quite so quick, but if it hadn't i would still be moaning

Thanks again

Nicky