Mildura?

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Mildura?

Hi, have been looking at several places to move to in OZ. At the moment Mildura is #1.

Can anyone tell me anything about Mildura, specifically what its like to live there and if electricians are in demand there?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

p l d k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mildura?

Electricians are in Short supply everywhere.

Once you get over the massive hurdle of licensing you are absolutely laughing.

Wages 28 to 32 dollars per hour.

Bear in mind Victoria is probably the hardest state to get through the licensing nightmare.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:58 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andym79
Hi, have been looking at several places to move to in OZ. At the moment Mildura is #1.

Can anyone tell me anything about Mildura, specifically what its like to live there and if electricians are in demand there?
hi andy, i live in mildura and there are a few other british expats here now too. Every trade is in demand here at the moment as there is a massive marina being built along with new new hotels, and a million shops and cafes down at the marina, so i dont think you would have much shortage of work here. ive done a few threads on mildura and so has a few other people, type mildura into the search and you'll get loads of info. We've been here over 2 and a half yrs now, its a beautiful place. if there is anything you'd like to know in particular, just ask, only too happy to help
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hello Andym79
I visited Mildura last year to research the jobs market. It's a pleasant country town of around 50,000 people, mainly focused on horticulture support. There is plenty of work for skilled people as the local stats show low levels of tertiary and trades qualifed people living locally, a new boutique brewery, some pleasant cafes, and nice riverside location. Hot in summer, being inland, and pleasant townsfolk. Affordable housing, and about 41/2 hours drive from Melbourne. They have a website for visitor information if you care to search for it or find links through the Victoria visitor information network. (sorry, didn't bookmark it)
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:16 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Fiona&Malc will be about sometime..have a chat with them ...they are realistic and have been there for a good while now.
We've only been there on visits, and love it there (Jamie was right in his description of the town - but he didn't mention the beautiful Murray River)- was thinking of moving there, but we are too grounded and settled in Melbourne now.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

I was in Mildura (specifically redcliffs, just outside) for few months working on a winery. Very nice place, very friendly people there. Being rural, I would imagine that they would be short of most trades there too.