Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal firms to NZ

Removal firms to NZ

Old Feb 23rd 2003, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

bartender is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removal firms to NZ

Help! I'm just about to hit the minefield of finding removal companies to Auckland - from London. Any comments? Any recommendations, or firms who are a definate no-no? I'd be grateful for any assitance.
Bartender
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 5:56 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Removal firms to NZ

Originally posted by bartender
Help! I'm just about to hit the minefield of finding removal companies to Auckland - from London. Any comments? Any recommendations, or firms who are a definate no-no? I'd be grateful for any assitance.
Bartender

Hi

We moved from the midlands UK to Christchurch NZ and used PSS removals. They were the cheapest and they were excellent. They moved a full container for us including motorbike. They use NZ van lines at this end, who were also excellent. Not 1 item broken. Can fully recommend them. www.pss.uk.com

Paula
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

bartender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hi

We moved from the midlands UK to Christchurch NZ and used PSS removals. They were the cheapest and they were excellent. They moved a full container for us including motorbike. They use NZ van lines at this end, who were also excellent. Not 1 item broken. Can fully recommend them. www.pss.uk.com

Paula
Thanks for that. Must admit I have heard that PSS are one of the cheapest around, but was told to be wary. Glad to have a good report back on them. So far have seen Brittania (not impressed), Robinsons (good sales pitch but seemed dodgy on certain info) and John Mason - most professional sales pitch and seemed most aware as to what actually goes on. Will give PSS a bell and ask them in. How are you enjoying Christchurch??
Bartend
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 11:23 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bartender
Thanks for that. Must admit I have heard that PSS are one of the cheapest around, but was told to be wary. Glad to have a good report back on them. So far have seen Brittania (not impressed), Robinsons (good sales pitch but seemed dodgy on certain info) and John Mason - most professional sales pitch and seemed most aware as to what actually goes on. Will give PSS a bell and ask them in. How are you enjoying Christchurch??
Bartend

Hi

We are enjoying Chch very much. It already feels like home. Personally I have not had 1 drop of homesickness so far (sometimes I do feel a little guilty about that) My hubby has had a little but not about family though, he is missing his workmates! Then again though he spent more time with them than his family, and the job here is very isolated. Apart from job niggles he loves it here too. He is a biker and there are loads of petrol heads here so he feels right at home.We spent Sunday at the B.E.A.R.S Sound of Thunder Race meet (thats British.European.American.Racing to those that don't know). Had a fantastic time.
As I said before we fully recommend PSS, very helpful people.

Paula
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:00 am
can`t believe we made it!

hanley is an unknown quantity at this point

JUst to add to the question above has anyone shared a container ? and any ideas on the costs of removals to nz.
thanks
kerrie