Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Relocation: Phil Down Under

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Relocation: Phil Down Under

Originally Posted by bigdave764
Don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to post this show on to YouTube? - unfortunately 4oD is region locked to UK users only, so it doesn't work from Sydney!!
I pay to use a VPN which allows me to watch BBC, ITV and C4.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

We were confused with it too. She definitely wore the pants in the relationship. 'I want to....I think.....its a big decision for me...' We thought the guy was just a little helper ;-)

Thought her accent was Irish and its changed living in Essex? Would make sense with a name like Bronagh
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

simmoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought it was a breath of fresh air after WDU...actually made me feel better about my impending return to Australia in a weeks time. Cant wait to get down the beach and enjoy the the sunshine.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It was great! Much better than WDU.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I really liked it and can't wait until next week. I will probably see out the rest of the WDU series but I am finding each episode a bit samey and I can't relate to the people featured.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am finding each episode a bit samey.
And how. There are potential emigrants in the UK who aren't married couples aged between 36 and 42, aren't tradesmen or nurses, who don't have 2.4 kids aged between 2 and 17, who don't find the idea of 40+ heat in summer ideal and have a budget which isn't $250,000 +/- $50,000. When will they appear?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

It will be great to see a programme on Melbourne as there aren't any WDU's from there this series

Bl@@dy typically they have had about 5 WDU programmes this time round from Perth now that we aren't interested in moving there

Kari
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dean_Helen_May-Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Great show.

I think she was Irish.

So much better than WDU, very informative. Just such a shame there's only 4 episodes. Hopefully CH4 will see the great feedback and do a spin off series.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

thedreamers is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree, it was a pleasure to watch what seems to have been a more factual and realistic view of properties, and to actualy listen to what the buyers wanted.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

I agree, watched a few of WDU and it's true, samey, samey . Saw the people from Leeds, possible move to Darwin. Very expensive.
Ya don't have to move there, I could hear myself shouting at the TV... Australia is a big place. Can fit Europe in it twice over.

Cant wait to go..... And Phil is the best!!
it..
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

bloomfieldtj will become famous soon enoughbloomfieldtj will become famous soon enough

I, too thought it was a great episode. Fell in love with what I saw of Perth. Looking forward to the next few weeks' episodes on Melbourne, Sydney etc. Was interested to note what he said about Sydney being more or less as expensive as London, marginally less crime and four times as much rain as London!! Something to think about!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:58 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt able to watch this, it said it was unavailable to me Would love to see it though as I love Phil Spencer. I watched a couple of WDU and thought that they were a load of tosh - nothing like the real life moving here! The people only go on a one week holiday - of course they are going to think its all bloody great - and with everything all arranged for them too, how ridiculous is it?

If I was in UK I would just apply for that and get a free holiday to Aus, then go back home!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

I've just watched it and found it interesting to watch one of these programmes talking about a place where we actually lived - we rented in Quinns Rocks when we first arrived 3 years ago. I hope that Phil does a follow up in a couple of years time to see if the reality lives up to their dream.

One thing that did surprise me, given that they have 3 children and she is a teacher, is that no mention was made of them researching the local schools. The main consideration seemed to be the proximity of any property to the beach Although Phil said at one point that their home is a few minutes from the school he also said the school is in Currambine which is a 15 minute drive away. Mum's taxi will be busy when they want to play with their friends after school!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

It's available on The Box.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woodiesinaus
It's available on The Box.
Do you have a link please?

Kari

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.