Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Agents

Relocation Agents

Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:56 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Talking Relocation Agents

Hi Folks,
Moving to Oz in March with the 2 kids and hubby and was wondering if anyone has used a relocation agent to help with school searches,suburb guides etc.
Seems like a good idea but is it a waste of money when I could probably do it myself?
Has any one any advice?I would be really greatful.
Thanks
Andrea
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Relocation Agents

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hi Folks,
Moving to Oz in March with the 2 kids and hubby and was wondering if anyone has used a relocation agent to help with school searches,suburb guides etc.
Seems like a good idea but is it a waste of money when I could probably do it myself?
Has any one any advice?I would be really greatful.
Thanks
Andrea
Hello Andrea,

No advice - just some thoughts.

I suppose it depends on a number of factors!

1. Is your time or your money more important to you?
2. Do you have friends/relatives in Australia who can help?
3. Do you have previous experience of living in Australia (probably not if you're considering this)
4. Would you trust the opinion of a stranger about where to live and where to send your children to school?

Madhu
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:12 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Relocation Agents

Originally Posted by mvt550
Hello Andrea,

No advice - just some thoughts.

I suppose it depends on a number of factors!

1. Is your time or your money more important to you?
2. Do you have friends/relatives in Australia who can help?
3. Do you have previous experience of living in Australia (probably not if you're considering this)
4. Would you trust the opinion of a stranger about where to live and where to send your children to school?

Madhu
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
We have no one in Oz and have never been to Brisbane.I have to say that my time is probably more important than money as I will be starting work quite soon after we arrive but we dont have loads of spare cash.
Not sure about the last question.It depends on how good they were and we would obviously want some choice,it just may help to narrow it down.Brisbane is pretty big!
still unsure as you can see!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Relocation Agents

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
We have no one in Oz and have never been to Brisbane.I have to say that my time is probably more important than money as I will be starting work quite soon after we arrive but we dont have loads of spare cash.
Not sure about the last question.It depends on how good they were and we would obviously want some choice,it just may help to narrow it down.Brisbane is pretty big!
still unsure as you can see!
Perhaps you could speak to some of the different companies on the phone to discuss their services and see what sort of vibe you get - it might either feel "right" or not - which may help to make your decision?

Do you have the time to do your own research before you arrive in Brisbane or not really?
Could the lifetsyle forum here help enough?