Reload this Page >

Relocating with pets

Relocating with pets

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Karen40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating with pets

Hi Guys,
Can anyone let me know roughly how much it is to get my dog to Oz. I was going to rehome her but don't think i can do it.
I know half of you are probably thinking ..... its just a dog and believe me i used to be the same till i got her.
Just a rough estimate and how we go about it would be great.
Thanks
Karen
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default Re: Relocating with pets

hi im in the same boat, got two dogs to ship over. i ave emailed several companies but they never get back to me?

was told it would be aroung £4000 for both dogs from my friend in oz.

would be interested to see what people have paid
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:20 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
hi im in the same boat, got two dogs to ship over. i ave emailed several companies but they never get back to me?

was told it would be aroung £4000 for both dogs from my friend in oz.

would be interested to see what people have paid
Hi
i have looked into this we have2 GSD and it is going to cost us around £3000 per dog , they have to have been vet checked and bloods taken , and you should not get them vaccinated against omg i forgot what its called please someone help it begins with L
We also conemplted not taking them as £6000 is alot of money but they are fantastic dogs with fantastic temperement also 1 of them is white which are rare so we decided we couldnt go without them .

hope this helps a bit

kind regards
michell

forgot to say they go by weight and size

Last edited by michell; Feb 22nd 2008 at 12:22 pm. Reason: addage
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Karen40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Mitchell,
Thats a great help, now i have an idea how much to put aside. My dog is a German Shep x Collie and is lovely.
I don't think i could leave her behind
Thanks again
Karen
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

WelshandProud will become famous soon enoughWelshandProud will become famous soon enough

I have a yorkie so i totally understand hes like my baby so i could never leave him.
Good luck but it will be worth every penny
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:04 pm

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Karen40
Hi Guys,
Can anyone let me know roughly how much it is to get my dog to Oz. I was going to rehome her but don't think i can do it.
I know half of you are probably thinking ..... its just a dog and believe me i used to be the same till i got her.
Thanks
Karen
oops forgot to add Karen you can get a quote of airpets yhis is the link

http://www.airpets.com/index.html

hope this helps
kind regards
michell
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

We have two dogs (8kg & 10kg) which cost us $2300 to ship to the UK from Sydney, and so far quotes to ship back are £2300 (which is ouch for us...but we brought them over with us..and back they go - they are aussies afterall !)

Cheers
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Ladyhaye is the name of the company that begins with L
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Ladyhaye is the name of the company that begins with L
Hiya
no i actually ment sorry that when they have their boosters you need to explain that you are planning on migrating and when he goves their yearly boosters they leave out something that begins with L in it sorry i should have been more specific, i have found it now its called Leptospira they should not have this in their annual immunisation

kind regards
michell
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi dog lovers. We have two dogs a 3 year old beagle (basil) and our beloved Westy who is 16 years old. We've had him since a pup and I'm gutted to leave him behind but he is far too old to travel. None of my family like dogs so I've no one to leave him with. How do you find a good home for a 16 yr old dog.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:51 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

Hi
We took a dog and a cat out to oz 14 months ago and it cost us 2,045 pounds for both.
If anyone wants to know the name of the company i used please private message me
thanks
holly
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:06 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by holly30
Hi
We took a dog and a cat out to oz 14 months ago and it cost us 2,045 pounds for both.
If anyone wants to know the name of the company i used please private message me
thanks
holly
its the lepto vacc that needs to be not given. They test for this in the blood and a vaccinated dog will give a positive result and will cause you delay with repeating blood tests, so remember tell him to use sterile water only!
Jenny
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Karen40
Hi Guys,
Thanks
Karen
Hi,

We moved to Brisbane in October 2007 and used Par Air to transport our Golden Retriever and cat. Costs were:-

Shipping from Heathrow to Sydney £2,202 - total cost for both animals.

2 x export health certificates £80.00

Import permits - $280 (first permit) plus $60 (additional permit)

Worming treatment - dog (they give this within so many hours of flying) £17.00.

Dogs have to be vaccinated but not against Leptospirosis, make sure this is left out of annual vaccination. They have to have blood tests to test against Leptospirosis, Brucella Canis, Ehrlichia Canis and Canine Leishmaniosis. You need to make sure your vet is recognised to carry out these tests and then they will know all about them. They also have to be treated with frontline within so many days of flying. If you use a company like we did they will give you step by step instructions of when to have things carried out as it is crucial to the date that they travel. Animals also have to be chipped.

On top of this there are quarantine costs of approx. $688.15 per animal for the 30 days and then flight cost to wherever you are - we are in Brisbane so for our cat and dog it was $323.40. They did use the same crates that they were transported with from Heathrow.

Once you get them to Australia there are additional costs as you have to treat animals every fourteen days with frontline to protect against the ticks here which can be fatal and also we had our dog vacinated against heartworm with an annual injection as this is also fatal.

We are so pleased we have brought our pets with us, it is a lot of expense but at the end of the day they are part of our family.

Sorry there is a combination of pounds and dollars in my figures but this is because that is the currency we had to pay. Hope this helps you budget or make a decision.

Nat X
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Katya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi dog lovers. We have two dogs a 3 year old beagle (basil) and our beloved Westy who is 16 years old. We've had him since a pup and I'm gutted to leave him behind but he is far too old to travel. None of my family like dogs so I've no one to leave him with. How do you find a good home for a 16 yr old dog.
Contact http://www.oldies.org.uk/ I am sure they would be able to help you I have adopted several old dogs, they are the best!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Katya_Mark
Contact http://www.oldies.org.uk/ I am sure they would be able to help you I have adopted several old dogs, they are the best!
thanks for that. He is a fab dog and we are gutted but are realistic about his age and traveling so far. I'll look up that website and hope someone will want and love him like we do.
Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.