Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relatives....they're like buses

Relatives....they're like buses

Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:07 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relatives....they're like buses

Just when I thought we'd escaped them all.

They were originally suppoed to be staggering their visits - August this year, November and some in March. Now get this:

Sister-in-law and partner - three months visit from January next year.
Good friend and their two kids - January next year for a couple of weeks (that's cool coz you can chose friends).
MIL - February for a month next year.
My parents, sister, her partner and son, Feb/ March next year.

So if anyone has any suggestions where I put them all in our three bedder (our kids have a room each), let me know.

Paul.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:10 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relatives....they're like buses

Can I just add that it's my MIL who's most like a bus.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diddy
Can I just add that it's my MIL who's most like a bus.

Paul, you need to tell some of them they cant come at that time or tell them they cant stay with you. You cant have that many people at the one time. Will drive you NUTS!!!! :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:29 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Tell me about it.

I'm still trying to figure out if my parents will be at the same time as Nicole's Mum. That's when it gets scary!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me about it.

I'm still trying to figure out if my parents will be at the same time as Nicole's Mum. That's when it gets scary!!!

I am pretty lucky. Its not likely that my Hubby's family will ever come over to visit him, so thats one less thing I have to worry about
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:01 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

All i can say is i hope you have the patience of a saint

Donna.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:38 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

They were originally suppoed to be staggering their visits - August this year, November and some in March. Now get this:

Good friend and their two kids - January next year for a couple of weeks (that's cool coz you can chose friends).

So if anyone has any suggestions where I put them all in our three bedder (our kids have a room each), let me know.

Paul.
Perhaps you should think about buying a bus, either to house all the rellies in, or as an alternative, to get in and drive as far away as possible before you start to lose your sanity!!

Nicky
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Paul.

Nice time of year for them too, the hot sticky humid tempers frayed bit Our lots last dec and jan lasted 2 days before moaning about the heat and last summer was not even slightly hot, we packed them off to a un-airconditioned backpackers and the other lot got put on the OZ experience bus

Putting a whole selection of tourist magazines, car hire, accomodation on the bedside tables when they arrive looks like a lovely touch but can be very useful later on when everyones had enough.

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 17th 2005 at 6:58 am.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Nice time of year for them too, the hot sticky humid tempers frayed bit Our lots last dec and jan lasted 2 days before moaning about the heat and last summer was not even slightly hot, we packed them off to a un-airconditioned backpackers and the other lot got put on the OZ experience bus

Putting a whole selection of tourist magazines, car hire, accomodation on the bedside tables when they arrive looks like a lovely touch but can be very useful later on when everyones had enough.
My thoughts exactly - just tell them what the weather is like in Qld at that time of year and you will soon find some of them change their dates!!