View Poll Results: Regret emigrating to Australia?
Yes
28.57%
No
54.29%
Undecided as yet
17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Regrets?

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 12:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regrets?

How many of you expats currently living in Australia regret emigrating there in the first place?
Just interested, my own mind is made up already, but it might help other people to make a decision.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

No regrets best decision I ever made. still not decided wether to stick to NZ or OZ, but for me it's def worked out.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 3:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Regrets?

Originally posted by Pollyana
How many of you expats currently living in Australia regret emigrating there in the first place?
Just interested, my own mind is made up already, but it might help other people to make a decision.
Although generally I do not like Australia, it's not for me (some things I do like here - weather, fishing, and the nature aspect to name a few plus things for me - but that is not enough for me to stay here ). I could not live here for the rest of my life .... but I have never regretted coming here.
If I had not come here - I would probably be still be wondering "I wonder what would have happened if I had went to Aus" there are too many people in this world who say "I wonder if I had done this" - stop wondering - take the bull by the horns so to speak, even if you realise "well this is cr*p" - at least you will never be left wondering "if".
You should never regret something which you've tried - regret something which you haven't done. - If that makes any sense to you at all.

Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Best decision we ever made, loving every minute, no regrets apart from not doing it years ago!

Mandy

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Why does anyone care about other peoples lifes here , if you get a good soft job like Paul its great but if you are having a hard time here would anyone post that on this site.
I was told by the guy who I took bad advice from that he would not tell me his true feelings on Perth while I was in the UK because that would get round that he done the wrong thing and hated it here which some may have gloated over.

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
What about you then you seem to have a VERY CUSHIE number but you hate it.

Give people their chance to express their overall opinion, taking everything into account.

Good one pollyana
Look I need an interest in my work and this is not heaven as I know it , if Perth had jobs that that are worth my time I would chase them.
So sitting here watching the ship sink is as good as it gets, its been fun but must get a life again , you working for the unemployable will rot in the system that is the Public service in this country.

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Why does anyone care about other peoples lifes here , if you get a good soft job like Paul its great .

What about you then you seem to have a VERY CUSHIE number but you hate it.

Give people their chance to express their overall opinion, taking everything into account.

Good one pollyana
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Tricky question so I wont vote.

2 years ago I would have said yes. After the property boom I'd say no no no. Glad I stayed on as old man suggested.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:23 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
Tricky question so I wont vote.

2 years ago I would have said yes. After the property boom I'd say no no no. Glad I stayed on as old man suggested.

Do you plan to sell up and move back in th near future? Or is it a retiremnet thing for later on?
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by PeteY
Do you plan to sell up and move back in th near future? Or is it a retiremnet thing for later on?
Well i put my foot down and said we are going back this year. However my Ausralian husband is probably correct in thinking OZ economy will continue to go up more yet. (Dollar/property) So we have agreed to another year. Make hay while the sun shines I suppose. Some days I think I am mad, however a glass of red and my "annual release for good behaviour" as he puts it (Trip to London) get me through. Look out Gap 151 days to go.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Look out Gap 151 days to go.

Pretty please - buy something for me......xxxxxxxxxx

Diane
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Look out Gap 151 days to go.

Pretty please - buy something for me......xxxxxxxxxx

Diane
I miss M&S for work shirts, kids clothes and food...
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

and knickers
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by DianeOZ
and knickers
Plan of attack, get off plane, kiss scream hug family members, sleep for two hours, shops now open, run to bus stop, hit Oxford Street with sister calmly explaining I have been in OZ for last 11 months as I attempt to purchase entire shops. Run to M&S for english cheeses, stuff in face much to amazed onlookers, eat 3 m&s trifles, continue shopping, Oxford street now empty, catch bus home to father who says in Cockney accent "dont they have bleedin shops over there". Oh boy if only he knew.

Dont worry Di I'll bring back some knickers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.