rego?

Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default rego?

Can someone tell me i purchased a car in victoria,australia and i am traveling around oz. I am in perth right now and was wondering if i wanted to sell my car would it be easy if i sold it as is with no rego is this possible and cancel my rego and stuff.

Or if i keep it can someone tell me what the cost of rego is for victoria i looked and cant find anything i know i cant get less than 12 months which sucks but for 12 months what the cost? or does it depend on the type of car?

Its a 86 ford laser hatchback.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:06 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: rego?

Originally Posted by brian.w
Can someone tell me i purchased a car in victoria,australia and i am traveling around oz. I am in perth right now and was wondering if i wanted to sell my car would it be easy if i sold it as is with no rego is this possible and cancel my rego and stuff.

Or if i keep it can someone tell me what the cost of rego is for victoria i looked and cant find anything i know i cant get less than 12 months which sucks but for 12 months what the cost? or does it depend on the type of car?

Paid mine a few months back, can't remember exactly but its around $520 for the Rego & doesn't depend on what type of car.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Paid mine a few months back, can't remember exactly but its around $520 for the Rego & doesn't depend on what type of car.

Does it not matter how many cylinders the car is anymore??
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hels
Does it not matter how many cylinders the car is anymore??

Well my fairly new Rav 4 was same cost for Rego as Wifes 1988 Laser so I thought it was all the same.
You probably know better with your big Limousines waiting here for you.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well my fairly new Rav 4 was same cost for Rego as Wifes 1988 Laser so I thought it was all the same.
You probably know better with your big Limousines waiting here for you.

It used to be that a 4 cylinder car was cheaper to register than a 6 or 8....that might have changed...

As far as my limo waiting....I expect you to pull it up as close to the curb in arrivals when we arrive....ok?? Oh, and make sure its clean......

Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:27 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Hels
It used to be that a 4 cylinder car was cheaper to register than a 6 or 8....that might have changed...

As far as my limo waiting....I expect you to pull it up as close to the curb in arrivals when we arrive....ok?? Oh, and make sure its clean......

Yeah Yeah. Just call me Parker. Maam.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:46 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brian.w

You may have trouble selling an 86 Ford Laser with no rego... if someone tries to re-register it in Vic, it'll need to go through a roadworthy test - many would balk at buying a car that needs this and would potentially need money spent to get it in to shape to get on the road.