Reload this Page >

Regional Sponsored Visa

Regional Sponsored Visa

Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Karenp is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Regional Sponsored Visa

Hi there

We have just got back from Oz and my husband has a good job offer with the company offering to sponsor us with a Regional Sponsored Visa. Apparently they get processed quicker too so that's good news.

I am trying to find out if we will have permanent residency status from the minute we get the visa or whether we will only get that after we have worked for them for the 2 years???

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:24 am
"Goodbye Circus!"

fairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Regional Sponsored Visa

Originally Posted by Karenp
Hi there

We have just got back from Oz and my husband has a good job offer with the company offering to sponsor us with a Regional Sponsored Visa. Apparently they get processed quicker too so that's good news.

I am trying to find out if we will have permanent residency status from the minute we get the visa or whether we will only get that after we have worked for them for the 2 years???

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Hi there, we are in the middle of applying for the Regional Sponsored visa, its called RSMS. It is definitely a permanent residency visa from the start, one of the requirements is that you have to stay with the same employer for 2 years. I would suggest that you read Booklet 5 through, it is very helpful (download from the DIMIA website). Depending on your husbands job he may have to have his skills assessed first. The employer also has to apply for sponsorship to the regional certifying authority, and then has to apply for nomination of your husband with the local DIMIA office, which is where you will send in your application. This has to be done before you put in your visa application.

Good luck

Fairgoes
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hi I think the regional sponsored visa is a temp visa afterwhich you have to apply for another visa to get ur PR status.

Cheers

C
Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

RSMS is a permanent visa from day one.
The visa put in your passport confirms this.

You're effectively tied to your employer for two years.......meaning you cannot take yourself out of employment with him.

If the company folds or if you get made redundant then you can stay in Aus as a free agent.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fairgoes
Hi there, we are in the middle of applying for the Regional Sponsored visa, its called RSMS. It is definitely a permanent residency visa from the start, one of the requirements is that you have to stay with the same employer for 2 years. I would suggest that you read Booklet 5 through, it is very helpful (download from the DIMIA website). Depending on your husbands job he may have to have his skills assessed first. The employer also has to apply for sponsorship to the regional certifying authority, and then has to apply for nomination of your husband with the local DIMIA office, which is where you will send in your application. This has to be done before you put in your visa application.

Good luck

Fairgoes
Thanks so much. I have been pouring over Booklet 5 but was just getting confused (having a blonde day!) My husband is a chiropractor and has to sit a very intense 3 day exam and pass obviously before the visa paperwork can be submitted so it is a bit complicated and will require another flight to Oz to do the exam. Anyway, hopeful it will all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with your own application.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much. I have been pouring over Booklet 5 but was just getting confused (having a blonde day!) My husband is a chiropractor and has to sit a very intense 3 day exam and pass obviously before the visa paperwork can be submitted so it is a bit complicated and will require another flight to Oz to do the exam. Anyway, hopeful it will all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with your own application.

Sorry for my duff comment earlier...i must been getting confused with another temp regional visa thing

Good Luck !
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chaval
Sorry for my duff comment earlier...i must been getting confused with another temp regional visa thing

Good Luck !
No problem - I am relieved that I am not the only one who gets muddled!

Cheers, K
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi Fairgoes

How are things going for you? Have confirmed that hubby has to sit the exam before the paperwork for visa is submitted. Exam is in Nov. Employer busy going thru the sponsorship bit now. Do you know whether or not you are allowed to be in Australia when the visa application is lodged? And also whether or not we can be in Oz when visa approved (see how positive I am being?) How is your time line working out?

K

Originally Posted by fairgoes

Good luck

Fairgoes