Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Refugees to the Uk

Refugees to the Uk

Old Jun 16th 2003, 1:59 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refugees to the Uk

After reading this I have 10 times more respect for these people than the uselesss refugees coming here .
These people have guts and worth keeping given they take a chance none of the dreamers on here would .
These people should be given a home in a country that has more space to spread out and would gain from their get and go , I hope Ausrtralia opens its door to more of them it can only gain from these people who are used to hardship.

As 30 failed Afghan asylum seekers are forcibly flown home, hundreds of their countrymen are wondering if they are next. Mohamed Nazri made a torturous journey to the UK in 2001 and has leave to remain until 2005. After that his future is uncertain.

Mohamed left Kabul behind but his family still live there

Mohamed Nazri's mother sold the family home in Kabul for $9,000 (£5,600) in 2001 and she gave every penny to an agent to smuggle her teenage son to England.

Her husband had been imprisoned by the Taleban and she feared the same fate for Mohamed.

He made the long journey overland in vans and buses before arriving "somewhere in Europe" where he was sealed with nine others into a hidden compartment in a lorry carrying car engines.

After 12 hours in the cramped, airless chamber, he remembers he did not care if he had made it to the UK when the doors were finally opened. He just wanted to be able to breathe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2982139.stm

Old Jun 16th 2003, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Refugees to the Uk

Originally posted by pommie bastard
After reading this I have 10 times more respect for these people than the uselesss refugees coming here .
These people have guts and worth keeping given they take a chance none of the dreamers on here would .
These people should be given a home in a country that has more space to spread out and would gain from their get and go , I hope Ausrtralia opens its door to more of them it can only gain from these people who are used to hardship.

As 30 failed Afghan asylum seekers are forcibly flown home, hundreds of their countrymen are wondering if they are next. Mohamed Nazri made a torturous journey to the UK in 2001 and has leave to remain until 2005. After that his future is uncertain.

Mohamed Nazri's mother sold the family home in Kabul for $9,000 (£5,600) in 2001 and she gave every penny to an agent to smuggle her teenage son to England.

Her husband had been imprisoned by the Taleban and she feared the same fate for Mohamed.

He made the long journey overland in vans and buses before arriving "somewhere in Europe" where he was sealed with nine others into a hidden compartment in a lorry carrying car engines.

After 12 hours in the cramped, airless chamber, he remembers he did not care if he had made it to the UK when the doors were finally opened. He just wanted to be able to breathe.

A lot of these people would gain a lot from coming to Oz because there will be a real improvement in living standards and safety for them.
I am getting involved with a group campaigning to increase the numbers of refugees to Oz from Afghanistan and Eastern Europe and I am sure the numbers can be significantly raised over the next few years given the space available.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 6:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
A lot of these people would gain a lot from coming to Oz because there will be a real improvement in living standards and safety for them.
I am getting involved with a group campaigning to increase the numbers of refugees to Oz from Afghanistan and Eastern Europe and I am sure the numbers can be significantly raised over the next few years given the space available.
You are heading in the right direction a new country needs new blood , us Pommies have grown soft and flabby.

Old Jun 16th 2003, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT A TEN TON LOAD OF GARBBAGE!!!

and that is all i will say on the matter!
Old Jun 16th 2003, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

More like a twenty tonne load of garbage!
Old Jun 16th 2003, 2:46 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

pb??? wilf??? c,mon you,re one and the same person and now you,re answering your own posts FFS, there is a point at which fun posting becomes bollox and when you invent personas to reply to yourself.....well medication is required.
You are really starting to lose your marbles PB or Wilf whatever you wish to be called.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 2:47 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thank god we didn't have to do that to get into Oz!

These people are to be admired of course for their spirit, bravery and determination, but were forced to behave like this by their desperate circumstances.

Lucky us, we only had to endure Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre!

I know for one that I would do anything to get myself or my loved ones out of danger, but hope never to have to experience that kind of terror.

I can't see your point here, PB, it's out of context. Any of us would have done the same thing in these circumstances. (Yes, even us flabby Pommies!)
Old Jun 16th 2003, 2:56 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You are heading in the right direction a new country needs new blood , us Pommies have grown soft and flabby.

i dont mind the people so much it,s the religous baggage they bring with them,.............. mm all poms bring ,are beer guts, well my cousin did
Old Jun 16th 2003, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

PB you need help mate
Old Jun 16th 2003, 5:44 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Pb.....

I take it you are attempting to refer to migrants as refugees?

Get ur dictionary out, there are some profound differences. I'll leave it to you to work them out, but as a taster i'll give you a few definitions i found.

Refugee :

n : an exile who flees for safety

One who, in times of persecution or political commotion, flees to a foreign power or country for safety; as, the French refugees who left France after the revocation of the edict of Nantes.

One who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.

Noone here is fleeing any kind of pursecution, nor seeking safety from any kind of oppression, hence the use of a different word to describe the people on this board. Migrant.

And regardless....what exactly does this thread have to do with lifestyle and culture in oz?
Old Jun 16th 2003, 6:08 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

well said pete.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 7:11 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pb wilf

a country gains more from people that can put into the system and not the type that just want to sponge of the tax payer
you can not tar people on this forum with the same brush

kev
Old Jun 16th 2003, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Chungu is an unknown quantity at this point

This is ridiculous. This is the main reason why I am leaving the UK. This may earn me some grief, but I don't care. Australia have a strict policy on who can get into the country and who cannot. But now, people want to open the door to refugees.

NO. Sorry, I understand that you cannot put everyone into the same bucket, but are you telling me that everyone who has more than 115 points is going to add value to the economy? the fact is, Australia is attractive because it is safe and well run country. Its already taxed too high to furnish the country, having refugees benefit from this pot will only increase costs for the normal people.

Please do not allow too many in to the country.

- Make sure they have english skills
- Understand the way the country is run
- no benefits for first 2 years
- NO BEGGING!
- Understand the law
- Any breaking of the law, and they have to leave the country.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 8:28 pm
?????????

Chungu??? why are you biting? they are winding people up and waiting for a response, just don't fall into the wind-up trap.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 8:39 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by paulf
Chungu??? why are you biting? they are winding people up and waiting for a response, just don't fall into the wind-up trap.
You're probably right Paulf, but wind up or not, the point has been raised (albeit by a troll) and it should be answered. Well said Chungu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.