References

Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future
Default References

Hi, can anyone tell me where we obtain references from to rent a property in Perth? Should we ask the letting agency we are renting from in the UK or will just good character references do? Also what other documents do we need to rent? Composing a file for this purpose to take with us but dont know what to put in it

thanks
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: References

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
Hi, can anyone tell me where we obtain references from to rent a property in Perth? Should we ask the letting agency we are renting from in the UK or will just good character references do? Also what other documents do we need to rent? Composing a file for this purpose to take with us but dont know what to put in it

thanks
Our problem as well. Our landlord is rarely if ever contactable and we rent directly through him.

Even if we type up a reference, the chances of him signing it are zilch - he is absent minded to say the least, I have never even met him but trying to get hold of him is near impossible.

Im going to take my general employer references, plus some character references and perhaps a copy of our savings book.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:27 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolamoon

thanks
I would have thought, bullshit prevails.

Providing you have proof of income seems to be main criteria, or proof of large lumpo sum funds.
Passport and Drivers License.
Reference from employer, Oz preferably as uk one aint worth shit
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:30 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I would have thought, bullshit prevails.

Providing you have proof of income seems to be main criteria, or proof of large lumpo sum funds.
Passport and Drivers License.
Reference from employer, Oz preferably as uk one aint worth shit
we offered to pay 6months up front that stopped all the reference enquires dead
money it would see, does talk
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:54 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
we offered to pay 6months up front that stopped all the reference enquires dead
money it would see, does talk
Very Very True.

Albeit the nosey pricks wanna see proof of funds !
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:57 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Very Very True.

Albeit the nosey pricks wanna see proof of funds !
wasnt the case with us mate,
i wrote out a cheque and they fell about to help us
prior to that they sort of looked down their noses abit

the same happened to mate of ours they viewed along with sevaral other couples nick took the realestate lady to one side and offered six months up front and hey presto they got it

funny that aint it
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:06 am
Banned

wasnt the case with us mate,
i wrote out a cheque and they fell about to help us
prior to that they sort of looked down their noses abit

the same happened to mate of ours they viewed along with sevaral other couples nick took the realestate lady to one side and offered six months up front and hey presto they got it

funny that aint it
The place we wanted to rent, we did same as you, .. kinda... knew we wanted min 6 mths rental, and offered up front, and they just said, nope, owner wants to see proff of funds etc.

Told em to shove it up their arse.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:10 am
Worongary

The place we wanted to rent, we did same as you, .. kinda... knew we wanted min 6 mths rental, and offered up front, and they just said, nope, owner wants to see proff of funds etc.

Told em to shove it up their arse.
cheeky foookers
i would have done the same too
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:15 am
Banned

cheeky foookers
i would have done the same too
Was quite funny, cos had just collected 10k in CASH for the boss, from a client in Spring Hill.

So was bulging in my pocket, so to speak. I took it out, looked at the agent, who was open gobbed, and put it in other pocket. Walked off, and thought... you dickhead steve, but smiled anwyway