Melbourne

Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Kiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud of
Default Melbourne

Same old question for you all to make comments (good and bad).

Ideally looking for less than 10km to CBD - don't work as run a few mens clubs in Auckland but need to stay close or my wife will freak. I will not post her requirements (it will exhaust us both).

Quite like this AFL game it beats that poofie UK football about time men retained acting like real men and not a bunch of pansies kissing each other.

I don't do public transport so thats not an issue.
Budget - land only $1.2m with house $1.8m

Don't seem to get anywhere with the estate agents - they all seem to be out all the time leaving young boys and girls to tend the office. They in turn seemed a bit put out when I asked for milk 2 sugars - is this not common practise? I certainly got used to it in Europe. They seem to think they know all there is about property yet know nothing about construction/women both essential items in life and for what ever reason don't get there fundamentals muddled up.

Don't need big back yard cause I hate gardening - just enough room for a decent pool and BBQ area (again not essential as neither wife or I cook but it looks good).

Had a look out West and not going there - sorry if some of you like it out there, I don't. Williamstown was nice but its like Devonport in Auckland on the wrong side of the bridge. Think about it when you drive into work in the morning (don't get that glare coming in from the east) and hey ho on the afternoon rat run home 150 years of building in the East was for a reason.

Mornington looked nice but really don't see the point?? The better beaches were either further out to Portsea or further into the CBD ie Seaford/Carrum/Frankston.

I do see the point in living out near the basin or the Dandelongs, very beautiful with great views. Have to be careful though as we got a little lost and ended up in some centre called Fountain spout or lake or close to that - truly awful - our driver parked between 2 trucks could not tell the difference but told by drivers one was a Holden the other a Ford and apparently we will have to learn the difference "pronto".

Sorry if I am a fussy old fart but thats life. I appreciate others enjoy or dear I say love the places I don't but if everyone lived in the same street it would be too crowded.

KK
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:42 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne

cant help with the central CBD area's, but your comment regarding the dandenongs is worth thinking about. Fabulous areas, and a lot more bang for your buck.

Just get yourself a big 4x4 with sat nav and you will have no worries about getting lost.

You can buy something really special for $1mil + and have plenty of change to pay for a gardener Almost all properties in that bracket have pools, plenty of entertaining areas, and real nice big plots. You could get yourself a quad or cross bike and just play in the garden in most of the properties.

Beaches 30/45 minutes max and you can be in the city in 45 mins if needed. Plenty of good areas, and plenty of space.

just an idea.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

the east is way outside your budget, perhpas you should have a rethink, we came with &2.0 million and are just managing , although we do budget closely, e.g we never put the air con on and never visit coles
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Margaret3
the east is way outside your budget, perhpas you should have a rethink, we came with &2.0 million and are just managing , although we do budget closely, e.g we never put the air con on and never visit coles
2 million not enough!! Gasp!
I hope that is a joke? Where are you living?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soulrebel
2 million not enough!! Gasp!
I hope that is a joke? Where are you living?
Glen waverley
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...wloc=addr&om=1

Hmm you may have to compromise at 1.8 mill until you get around Box Hill for what I reckon your after. Box Hill is about 10k's out. Especially inbetween the Eastern and South Eastern freeways. Mornington is about 40k's out, and means living in your car, if you work in the city.

BTW I tend to only do Public transport, but we have 4 tram lines, and 3 train lines within walking distance of where I live.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 14th 2007 at 6:04 am.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Kiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud ofKiwi Kid has much to be proud of

Well I can stretch a bit more but the young estate agent (female) will have to do some extra duties to "swing" the deal

She could work at my club any time.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwi Kid
Well I can stretch a bit more but the young estate agent (female) will have to do some extra duties to "swing" the deal

Do Ken and Eric Hill know your coming to town ?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do Ken and Eric Hill know your coming to town ?
Do they ever
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do they ever

Then you need to move to Park Orchids, and do your networking out there, A
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:47 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Then you need to move to Park Orchids, and do your networking out there, A
Park Orchards near Ringwood?

Swing capital of Melbourne
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Park Orchards near Ringwood?

Swing capital of Melbourne
Orchards, whoops... yehp thats it
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:27 am
Account Closed

can i get a job, so i can put my air con on
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:36 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

before or after the speed camera

You might have to attend a course with Missiemo first
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:37 am
Just Joined

You will need air con in my club it gets really hot and steamy