Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ref getting docs certified whom by ??????

ref getting docs certified whom by ??????

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of
Default ref getting docs certified whom by ??????

Hi can anyone help on the stautory decleration i printed off there were loads of occupations that could sign the forms has anyone else had their forms signed by somebody other than a solicitor and had it passed through the tra or not............................................
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ref getting docs certified whom by ??????

I had mine signed by a Police Officer and they were passed fine.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:32 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marie197500
Hi can anyone help on the stautory decleration i printed off there were loads of occupations that could sign the forms has anyone else had their forms signed by somebody other than a solicitor and had it passed through the tra or not............................................
JPs/Magistrates at your local Magistrates Court can sign them too.... some charge & some don't - its worth asking.

Claire
x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

what about the certified copies can that be done by anyone other than a solicitor or is it just the signiture at the bottom of the stautory declaration
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

what about the certified copies can that be done by anyone other than a solicitor or is it just the signiture at the bottom of the stautory declaration
As far as know JPs/Magistrates can do both the stat decs & the cert copies....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:42 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Your local County Court will do it for free and you dont need to make an appointment. Simply take your documents to the public counter during opening hours and ask to make an Oath.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:51 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Remember you need two lots of each document certified, one for your skills assesment and one for your visa application.
Carole
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:03 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Centurion
Your local County Court will do it for free and you dont need to make an appointment. Simply take your documents to the public counter during opening hours and ask to make an Oath.
Not strictly true..... I found that if differs from area to area
My local court charges £5 per signature whereas one 6 miles away in the next town does it for free.......
We ended up doing a deal with our solicitor
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:27 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Our Solicitor only charged us £5!! And that was for other documents that needed certifying to!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

adele m is an unknown quantity at this point

we got ours done by the manager at the local bank where we had had an account for a while(nat west)
they photocopied all the forms for us and stamped them as certified and didn't charge us
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adele m
we got ours done by the manager at the local bank where we had had an account for a while(nat west)
they photocopied all the forms for us and stamped them as certified and didn't charge us

was that for your skills assesment and have you been accepted
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in the UK and its for your visa then it has to be either a solicitor or a magistrate/jp type person
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I think the Stat Dec forms are designed for use inside Australia where a much larger range of people can sign it.

As far as I know for UK based applications the only official signatories specified are solicitor/notary or JP. Other signatures may be accepted but you run the risk of them being refused and having to get everything redone.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:10 am
Just Joined

adele m is an unknown quantity at this point

was that for your skills assesment and have you been accepted

i'm sorry but i think i may have got the wrong end of the stick!!
we had our copies of originals certified by our local bank manager for our visa application