Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will we ever exchange!!

Will we ever exchange!!

Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:58 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Angry Will we ever exchange!!

Hi Guys just need a whinge...

We were supposed to be exchanging and completing on the house 15th July but everything went pear shaped at the last minute and the person at the bottom of the chain who was supposed to be a cash buyer decided he wanted a mortgage after all So we have all been waiting for his mortgage offer to come through so we can exchange. But Friday got a call to say he had got the mortgage offer through but is away this week so is not signing until Friday another week to wait and still not sure on a completion date or anything. Most of our stuff went on the 15th as it was too late to postpone, so we are sleeping on the floor or not as I'm not getting much sleep at the mo.

We have had flights on hold for over a week and we had to let them go yesterday as I'm not sure if we will be competed in time or not. I'm so stressed all the time and I can't relax, just sick of not having and control over my life even though we now have the visas.

Oh Well sorry for going on a few more again tonight and pray for something concrete on Friday.

Michelle
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Will we ever exchange!!

Originally Posted by fozzie

We were supposed to be exchanging and completing on the house 15th July but everything went pear shaped at the last minute and the person at the bottom of the chain who was supposed to be a cash buyer decided he wanted a mortgage after all So we have all been waiting for his mortgage offer to come through so we can exchange. But Friday got a call to say he had got the mortgage offer through but is away this week so is not signing until Friday another week to wait and still not sure on a completion date or anything. Most of our stuff went on the 15th as it was too late to postpone, so we are sleeping on the floor or not as I'm not getting much sleep at the mo.

We have had flights on hold for over a week and we had to let them go yesterday as I'm not sure if we will be competed in time or not. I'm so stressed all the time and I can't relax, just sick of not having and control over my life even though we now have the visas.

Oh Well sorry for going on a few more again tonight and pray for something concrete on Friday.

Michelle
Don't worry Michelle

It is bound to get stressful. I would just drink those , try to relax (yeah right, I hear you say) and I am sure it will all turn out in the end. Hang in there. I have to say though, how inconsiderate to go away the week you are due to exchange.

Sarah
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:05 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle

Its horrible isn't it, all this hanging around in Limbo.
I feel particularly cheesed off today to as this was our planned week of completion, thought we would be off to Oz and instead we are are still here because our buyers lost their buyer a couple of weeks before exchange. We have just accepted another offer so fingers crossed this one goes through.
Keep your chin up, I am sure it will all work out soon and in six months time you will be able to look back and wonder why you were getting stressed out about an extra week or two.
Good Luck
Sharon

Michelle
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:06 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Don't worry Michelle

It is bound to get stressful. I would just drink those , try to relax (yeah right, I hear you say) and I am sure it will all turn out in the end. Hang in there. I have to say though, how inconsiderate to go away the week you are due to exchange.

Sarah
Thanks Sarah

I've sent you some Karma, I doubt it will calm me but hey.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:09 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
Hang in there and good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:11 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that mate, good luck K sent
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:11 pm
Living our dream!!

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Hi Michelle

Its horrible isn't it, all this hanging around in Limbo.
I feel particularly cheesed off today to as this was our planned week of completion, thought we would be off to Oz and instead we are are still here because our buyers lost their buyer a couple of weeks before exchange. We have just accepted another offer so fingers crossed this one goes through.
Keep your chin up, I am sure it will all work out soon and in six months time you will be able to look back and wonder why you were getting stressed out about an extra week or two.
Good Luck
Sharon
Thanks Sharon, you're right it will all be gone once we move and we'll wonder why we got so stressed. Hope everything goes ok with your sale, we had that happen the other month too.

Sent you some Karma to help

Michelle
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

hope it works out for you, will send you some k tomorrow when "recharged"
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
I really hope you get it sorted soon Michelle.
At least you wont have to be without your stuff too long once you get there if it's alredy gone.

Tracey
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Michelle[/QUOTE]
I know exactly how you feel. We thought that once we had the visa's we were finally in control of our own destiny and would be on our way. What we didn't account for was the worlds most ridiculous method of selling property, the pettiness of people buying houses and the fact that solicitors are generally a waste of space and time.
We have been waiting for 8 weeks to exchange contracts, and every week the estate agent tells me the person at the bottom of the chain will exchange tomorrow, yet when tomorrow comes they still don't exchange. My girlfriend was having problems at work, so she quit her job a month ago, thinking we would have completed by now. However as it still hasn't happened we are struggling on half our normal income.
We were due to complete on Friday and have spent the whole day packing up our stuff, and just got a phone call saying that they cannot exchange until the end of the week. I have just told them that if they don't exchange by then I am pulling out of the sale. That will mean that instead of being on the plane next month, we will be back to square one and my girlfriend will be looking for temping work.
Anyway, i'm sure it will all work out for you aswell as us. We are getting back on the vino to cope with the stress - but are concerned that 8 weeks of using alcohol as a coping mechanism probably isn't wise.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:17 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so annoyed had another lot of viewers booked for 5.30 this afternoon........they'd booked on Monday and only live locally so could easily have driven past our house before today. They bloody well cancelled at 5.28 as they decided they didn't want to live in our road after all. How rude is that!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Oh no!!!...really sorry to hear about your trauma with the house (seems to be a lot of it about), hopefully everything will all fall into place soon...just keep up with the and am sure you will temporarily forget about the lack of furniture.

Good luck Foz.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Michelle
I know exactly what you mean we were supposed to exchange in march and had planned our move and flights for end march/april. on the day of exchange it fell flat our buyers buyer again a cash buyer decided that he wanted a mortgage (buy to let) as his accountant had advised him it was better re tax purposes. luckily we had agreed 3 weeks betweeen exchange and completion so have still got our furniture. we went to oz for a month and validated our visas.
we have resold our house in june to the same buyers but are waiting to exchange and complete. however we have been assured we should exchange in the next week or so and complete on the 26th august. again we are sticking with our 3 weeks in between to ensure smooth transaction.
wishing you luck
Irene
karma sent! let us know how it goes
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:26 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
fingers crossed for you it`s a frigging nightmare!!we`ve just got the call saying we`ve exchanged but by no means plain sailing from what i`ve learnt(which ain`t a lot)is to hassle the solicitor daily to the point of stalking even then they still filed my signed contract and forgot about it!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:28 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
fingers crossed for you it`s a frigging nightmare!!we`ve just got the call saying we`ve exchanged but by no means plain sailing from what i`ve learnt(which ain`t a lot)is to hassle the solicitor daily to the point of stalking even then they still filed my signed contract and forgot about it!!
Congratulations mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.