Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT recruitment companies in Perth?

IT recruitment companies in Perth?

Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Burt69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT recruitment companies in Perth?

Hi Folks,
Can anyone reccomend a good IT recruitment company in Perth? Also do companies still hire around Christmas/ New Year? We have our PR visas and are almost ready to go but not sure if we should go now or hold off unti January time.

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of
Default Re: IT recruitment companies in Perth?

Originally Posted by Burt69
Hi Folks,
Can anyone reccomend a good IT recruitment company in Perth? Also do companies still hire around Christmas/ New Year? We have our PR visas and are almost ready to go but not sure if we should go now or hold off unti January time.

Thanks
Due to the Xmas and Summer holidays I would suggest waiting till after Australia day before starting. A lot of the IT industry go into hibernation at this time.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Hi Folks,

Thanks
...of course if you are of generous build and have a long white beard there may be some seasonal work for you
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

saintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nice

Hi Folks,

Thanks
Hi, I work for Hays so I can recommend them. I'm run the Oil & Gas business, but I can pass your details on to one of my colleagues in IT. You can email me your CV at [email protected]

In terms of when to move, I'd suggest speaking to a consultant about roles now, as we're still very busy with work in the run up to Xmas and in the New Year.

I moved here on Boxing Day last year, and the only problem is that a lot of the estate agents were closed so it was a challenge finding somewhere to live.

Hope we can help, and best of luck in Perth

Stu
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies everyone and Stu I will get my OH to email her CV to you (she's the IT one)

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

bogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to all

Try talking to Elliott Howard from Finite IT. I found him very friendly, he gave me a lot of advice as well as other information about the job market in Perth, things that most recruiters don't bother to do.
His e-mail is [email protected]
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bogdan84
Try talking to Elliott Howard from Finite IT. I found him very friendly, he gave me a lot of advice as well as other information about the job market in Perth, things that most recruiters don't bother to do.
His e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks I will definitely get my OH to contact him.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

grapii is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate, we just arrived the other week (Perth) and I'm also in the IT field. You're right about it slowing down approaching xmas and the new year. In hindsight I would have waited until the New Year and carried on earning in the UK, unfortunately I'm here and trying to find a job has been challenging....I'm still looking.

It depends on the role the OH is after, but the agencies I'm using here are:

Robert Half
Michael Page
Hays
Sense-IT

Good Luck!!