Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal firm recommendations.

Removal firm recommendations.

Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:23 am
Just Joined

chris-nicola-ellie. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal firm recommendations.

Hi we are moving to Perth from north England in Feb 12 and would like any recommendations for removal companies from past experience, and what you think the cost might be for a 4 bed house contents to be shipped. Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal firm recommendations.

We have used PSS twice and we would use them again, without hesitation. They will come to your house and give you a free appraisal and quote. Their fee is about middle of the range but it is my understanding that they use their own guys to do the packing all over the UK, as opposed to contracting it out.
Our stuff also went to Perth (Fremantle port) and the removal company at the other end were also really good.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

We used Robinson's and so far it has been fantastic. Our container just arrived today and we now are waiting for customs clearance and delivery through Grace on this end. We had quotes to all the major cities as we didn't know exactly where we were going until the last moment and we were quoted £4100 to Perth from Northants and bartered them down a bit and got the same price to Brisbane.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

We got several prices most between £4-5k.

We went with Hoults of Gateshead. They are busy packing boxes as i type this. Very efficient so far. booked in for two days, most of it is boxed up already.!!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:42 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I used Anglo-Pacific. For me they were great.

From the many posts on here in the past on this subject, you'll find good and bad experiences listed for most of the companies.

Seems like it can be a bit of a lottery sometimes.

The price from paulandcelia sounds about right; mine was £3,000 five years ago.

Good luck with your travels.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 6:38 am
PMV
Forum Regular

PMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud of

Chess were fine.

Allen Removals terrible (see my other post). 2.5 months sitting in a warehouse before they shipped my stuff, then lost a bag, and now are not paying up even though I took out insurance with them. Avoid Allen Removals !!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

We've used Excess Baggage several times and always been very happy.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Redwarf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PunkDebutante
We used Robinson's and so far it has been fantastic. Our container just arrived today and we now are waiting for customs clearance and delivery through Grace on this end. We had quotes to all the major cities as we didn't know exactly where we were going until the last moment and we were quoted £4100 to Perth from Northants and bartered them down a bit and got the same price to Brisbane.
Can anyone give some information on what insurances they used please?

One company have said with the standard liability insurance there is no IPT and you don't need marine insurance, and another has said with a lumpsum valuation there is IPT and you do need marine insurance???

We have been quoted from 4700 to 5030pound so far

Regards

Redwarf