Reload this Page >

Recommendation on Perth suburb

Recommendation on Perth suburb

Old May 25th 2004, 6:08 am
Just Joined

lookingforjob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendation on Perth suburb

Hi,

Do you have recommendation on good Perth suburb with house price ranging $200K - $300K.

Could you also comment on:
- neighborhood (good or bad, i.e., drugs, crime, etc.)
- school (good or bad)
- facility (doctors, supermarket, train station)

Thanks for any comment/recommendation. Good or bad will be appreciated.

Rudy
Old May 25th 2004, 6:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendation on Perth suburb

Originally posted by lookingforjob
Hi,

Do you have recommendation on good Perth suburb with house price ranging $200K - $300K.

- school (good or bad)

Rudy
This site is quite good, and has suburb profiles:

http://www.reiwa.com.au/content-home.cfm
Old May 25th 2004, 1:54 pm
joveazey

Hi,

My sister in law lives in Greenwood which is nice - the surrounding suburbs which are nice are Kingsley, Padbury, Woodvale, Duncraig. Ocean Reef and Hillarys are much more expensive. Look at the map on the attached link and there are suburb descriptions with house prices. Hope it helps.

Jo
http://www.aussiemove.com/accom7.htm

Old May 25th 2004, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by joveazey
Hi,

My sister in law lives in Greenwood which is nice - the surrounding suburbs which are nice are Kingsley, Padbury, Woodvale, Duncraig. Ocean Reef and Hillarys are much more expensive. Look at the map on the attached link and there are suburb descriptions with house prices. Hope it helps.

Jo
http://www.aussiemove.com/accom7.htm
I believe, when you say nice, it is nice view, good neighborhood (low crime)?
Old May 25th 2004, 2:05 pm
joveazey

Yes, it is really nice - lots of shops nearby, only 5 mins to the beach and only 10-15 mins to the city. Someone told me that you need to live North of the river and west of the Waneroo Road ????? This may be true as most of the best suburbs are situated there. As well as my sister in law I have a friend who has just moved to Kallaroo (too expensive) and another friend who is going to the same area. I think this area is the most sought after in Perth. We will be looking there if we get the visa ok. Just waiting for TRA to come back.

Good Luck

Jo

Old May 26th 2004, 10:27 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

- school (good or bad)

Rudy
Am assuming you want a House rather than an Apartment ?????

Also how many bedrooms and bathrooms are you looking at ???

What kind of Lifestyle are you looking for ??? Beach, city, suburbs, rural????

In terms of easy access to various areas we've found south Perth to be super. We are currently in Kensington, and have 4 Highways (Canning, Albany, Leach and Kwinana) all within 10 mins of the house so we can get down south, up to the hills or head north very easily. V.important for when we can be bothered getting off our backsides and looking for work

I did a search for you on properties using the spec "House", 3-4 bedrooms and 2-3 bathrooms and got 190 results back, if you add in Town Houses, villas etc you can add on another 50 or so properties, so if you can narrow your spec down a bit maybe can point you in a couple of directions.

Regards
M
Old May 27th 2004, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Mark Lovejoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Also try: www.aussiehome.com
Old May 27th 2004, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Mark Lovejoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Also try: www.aussiehome.com
Old May 27th 2004, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Am assuming you want a House rather than an Apartment ?????

Also how many bedrooms and bathrooms are you looking at ???

What kind of Lifestyle are you looking for ??? Beach, city, suburbs, rural????

In terms of easy access to various areas we've found south Perth to be super. We are currently in Kensington, and have 4 Highways (Canning, Albany, Leach and Kwinana) all within 10 mins of the house so we can get down south, up to the hills or head north very easily. V.important for when we can be bothered getting off our backsides and looking for work

I did a search for you on properties using the spec "House", 3-4 bedrooms and 2-3 bathrooms and got 190 results back, if you add in Town Houses, villas etc you can add on another 50 or so properties, so if you can narrow your spec down a bit maybe can point you in a couple of directions.

Regards
M
I am looking for 3-4 bedrooms house. And I have two daughters (7 and 15 years old). I am very concerned with good neighborhood. I don't like areas with a teenage/youth problems or many family problems. I know that if that is my concern, I should buy house in an expensive area, but I want to know the rough threshold of house price where I can be at good neighborhood and avoid those areas with youth/family problems.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
Old May 27th 2004, 11:09 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking for 3-4 bedrooms house. And I have two daughters (7 and 15 years old). I am very concerned with good neighborhood. I don't like areas with a teenage/youth problems or many family problems. I know that if that is my concern, I should buy house in an expensive area, but I want to know the rough threshold of house price where I can be at good neighborhood and avoid those areas with youth/family problems.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Forget expensive. According to our neighbours these are the areas currently being targeted for break-ins etc. Better to go for just above mid-level.

Also forget the inner suburbs. Unless you're very very lucky you wont find any 3-4 bed houses in this price range.

Best bet is to concentrate on the OUter Suburbs especially the northern and eastern suburbs or the mayabe the southern outer suburbs. Probably N&E is better for what you are looking for though.

In the northern suburbs you can sometimes find 4 bed houses for under 300k (might need a bit of work) in either Joondalup (up and coming and increasing in price) or Ocean Reef (v.nice and beachy). Also look at Quinns rock.

In the eastern suburbs, consider Ellenbrook or Morley (Morley is famous for having houses that "compete" in the xmas lights competition).

In the southern suburbs, you will have to go out a bit, but think about somewhere like Parkwood or Success (a new development and has some bargains). Maybe also canning vale, although you might have to be careful exactly which street you pick. Also Willetton just down from Rossmoyne (georgeous but too expensive for you - willetton is a good alternative)

have a look here for a sample property in Willetton http://www.ljhooker.com.au/property_...y&a=1085657869

or Beelair- a bit further out of town (maybe too far ) http://www.acton.com.au/property.asp?pid=43408

In joondalup http://www.druitt.com.au/property.asp?pid=48902

Also one in Doubleview which is a super suburb. http://www.druitt.com.au/property.asp?pid=48231

Or Ocean reef http://www.aussiehome.com.au/property.asp?pid=50038

For Quinns Rocks http://www.ockerby.com.au/property.asp?pid=49975

Anyway hope this gives you an idea of whats on offer. As long as you are not in too much of a rush, you can get some real bargains.

I was speaking to one of the chappies from KIC a few days ago, and he was telling me that property is about to explode even more than it has already done.

According to KIC (Kwinana Industry Council) WA is set to overtake the Eastern states in the next 10 years. Find it a bit hard to believe myself, but he swears it will happen !!!!

Anyway enough of me rabbiting on. Hope this info helps and points you in a few useful directions.

Regards
M

(PS.can you tell that I'm bored tonight ?????)
Old May 27th 2004, 11:13 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

(PS.can you tell that I'm bored tonight ?????)

Ok, going off topic (sort of)
Do you know when you'll get the container and car yet?
What have you been up too?
Old May 27th 2004, 11:25 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Originally posted by Simone

Ok, going off topic (sort of)
Do you know when you'll get the container and car yet?
What have you been up too?

Was supposed to be tomorrow, but customs have refused to release our container cos they cant find a Knife Chris was given as a present from the Gurkha regiment when he was in HongKong. Apparantly they are going back in tomorrow with X-ray machines to x-rays all our boxes - 106 in total so could take them some time (teehee). Make sure you have a really thorough inventory list. Our shipping company didnt make a detailed list and now we are paying for it with all this hassle

Pi$$es me off all this over a knife.

Now they are saying early next week before we get delivery.

On the plus side Our car was valued at $5000 dollars less than I expected so thats $500 savings in the amount of GST to be paid (woohoo)

Can feel a shopping trip coming on
Old May 27th 2004, 11:29 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Was supposed to be tomorrow, but customs have refused to release our container cos they cant find a Knife Chris was given as a present from the Gurkha regiment when he was in HongKong. Apparantly they are going back in tomorrow with X-ray machines to x-rays all our boxes - 106 in total so could take them some time (teehee). Make sure you have a really thorough inventory list. Our shipping company didnt make a detailed list and now we are paying for it with all this hassle

Pi$$es me off all this over a knife.

Now they are saying early next week before we get delivery.

On the plus side Our car was valued at $5000 dollars less than I expected so thats $500 savings in the amount of GST to be paid (woohoo)

Can feel a shopping trip coming on

All that trouble for a knife!!!!
Well, I'll tell about our packing in my new thread (specially for no. 2000 )

Congrats on the car, have fun
Old May 27th 2004, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Anyway enough of me rabbiting on. Hope this info helps and points you in a few useful directions.

Regards
M
Thank you.

You have been very helpful.