Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recently arrived in Townsville, QLD

Recently arrived in Townsville, QLD

Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Recently arrived in Townsville, QLD

I am hoping to be in Townsville in 10 weeks or so (mid september) so can I join in and can we have a meet then please
Kez if it's ok I'll pm you closer to the time for a bit of info ta
sals
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Sals, What happened I thought you were going in August? If you're going in mid September you'll be landing the same time as us. We fly into Brisbane 15th sep and will be in Townsville by 25th sep. I hope to see you then - or are you coming to the lancs meet?

Jules
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jules29
Sals, What happened I thought you were going in August? If you're going in mid September you'll be landing the same time as us. We fly into Brisbane 15th sep and will be in Townsville by 25th sep. I hope to see you then - or are you coming to the lancs meet?

Jules
yeah I was supposed to be going mid July unfortunately QAS didn't get their act together and I didn't get my job offer til last week still waiting for nomination stuff so I can send off my visa app. They've now said first induction is October, still waiting for confirmation I get on this otherwise it will be next year!!! I'm not very happy about it really but not alot I can do. I'm looking at flights around that date so who knows may end up on same one lol. Who did you book with and was it expensive? I'm gonna try to make Lancs meet but not sure if I can make it yet
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Hi sals I bet your feeling like everything is a bit up in the air at the minute then. I booked the flights with expedia. We are going to Thailand for 10 days before we land in brisbane so they are all over the place. Going with Emirates to Thailand then Swiss air and Qantus to Brisabane. We're going up to Townsville in a camper van. No doubt we will look like the clampets but the kids are excited.

Hope you make it to the meet it would be nice to see you again and have a proper chat.

Jules
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jules29
Hi sals I bet your feeling like everything is a bit up in the air at the minute then. I booked the flights with expedia. We are going to Thailand for 10 days before we land in brisbane so they are all over the place. Going with Emirates to Thailand then Swiss air and Qantus to Brisabane. We're going up to Townsville in a camper van. No doubt we will look like the clampets but the kids are excited.

Hope you make it to the meet it would be nice to see you again and have a proper chat.

Jules
Wow that sounds great fun, can be one of your kids lol. Looking a flights
12th September probably Heathrow to Brissie via Taipei with Eva air as we want to go business class and their flights are cheapest. Quite fancied a hol myself but the trouble wants to go straight there. May do a little detour to sunshine/gold coast we'll see. Will try to make it even if only for an hour or two and then we'll see you on the other side
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Business class - get you Can I be one of your kids. Not a prayer of us doing that. It would cost a fortune and I can just imagine the other business class passengers faces if we started dumping our bags (and the children) down on the seats. Maybe fun to do it just to see what looks we get

Will be nice to meet up on the otherside anyway. Keep in touch so I know when your there.

Jules x