Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Trade Papers

Australian Trade Papers

Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:56 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Trade Papers

Australian Trade Papers......This may sound like a obvious question, but what are they?

I have looked at a few jobs for fitter/welder, boliermakers and they ask for these?

Can we get them, convert etc if so how? Do you get these by applying to ARTC....help

Thanks

Kaye

Last edited by wardy2; Jul 5th 2007 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Australian Trade Papers

When I arrived in Australia one of the first things I did was go along to the TRA office with my UK apprenticeship papers etc. I am a sparky and after the TRA chap looked through my papers decided to award me the title of Electrical Fitter. Then a few days/weeks later an ARTC with the title of Electrical Fitter was posted to me. ARTC stands for Australian Recognised Trade Certificate. After getting that I was still unable to get work as an electrician as I then needed to get an electrical licence - that's when it gets ugly.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Trade Papers

Originally Posted by migrantoz
When I arrived in Australia one of the first things I did was go along to the TRA office with my UK apprenticeship papers etc. I am a sparky and after the TRA chap looked through my papers decided to award me the title of Electrical Fitter. Then a few days/weeks later an ARTC with the title of Electrical Fitter was posted to me. ARTC stands for Australian Recognised Trade Certificate. After getting that I was still unable to get work as an electrician as I then needed to get an electrical licence - that's when it gets ugly.
bet you feel like a dog chasing its tail i have it all to come due in adelaide in 7 weeks and a joiner myself...do they not do cash in hand!!!!