Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent visa grants

Recent visa grants

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 3:39 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 3
flocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent visa grants

I am just wondering if anyone has recently been granted a visa? I am aware that things have slowed down since the pandemic broke out but I believe offshore work visas for critical skills (therefore likely to receive travel exemptions) are still being processed. Thanks very much!
flocci is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 6:26 pm
  #2  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,768
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by flocci View Post
I am just wondering if anyone has recently been granted a visa? I am aware that things have slowed down since the pandemic broke out but I believe offshore work visas for critical skills (therefore likely to receive travel exemptions) are still being processed. Thanks very much!
Which subclass of visa are you talking about? There are visas being granted in some classes, some offshore, some onshore; there are also delays with many - especially where the person would't be able to validate the visa in any case!
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 7:53 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 3
flocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Which subclass of visa are you talking about? There are visas being granted in some classes, some offshore, some onshore; there are also delays with many - especially where the person would't be able to validate the visa in any case!
Thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to hear that visas are still being processed! Global processing times on DHA website updated 26th June 2020 indicate 75% are processed by 48 days and 90% by 64 days - how reliable are these?
Work visa for medical professionals. Subclass 482 - any of these being granted recently to offshore applicants?
flocci is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2020, 5:17 pm
  #4  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,768
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by flocci View Post
Thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to hear that visas are still being processed! Global processing times on DHA website updated 26th June 2020 indicate 75% are processed by 48 days and 90% by 64 days - how reliable are these?
Work visa for medical professionals. Subclass 482 - any of these being granted recently to offshore applicants?
I believe some 482s are being granted to medical professionals, as they are able to request an exemption for entry to Aus. Any other 482s are pretty pointless at present as they can't enter the country.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2020, 9:29 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 3
flocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recent visa grants

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
I believe some 482s are being granted to medical professionals, as they are able to request an exemption for entry to Aus. Any other 482s are pretty pointless at present as they can't enter the country.
Thanks for your reply.
flocci is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.