Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent Experience Of John Mason

Recent Experience Of John Mason

Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:05 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent Experience Of John Mason

Hi.

Does anybody have any recent experience of using John Mason to move their stuff to Australia? We are using them at the end of this month and so we are curious as to what the consensus on these guys is?

Cheers.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:14 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent Experience Of John Mason

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi.

Does anybody have any recent experience of using John Mason to move their stuff to Australia? We are using them at the end of this month and so we are curious as to what the consensus on these guys is?

Cheers.
I'm hoping you get some favourable replies as they're packing our stuff on Monday
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Used them 12 months ago. They packed everything really small eg. breaking down a lamp into 5 component parts and putting all the pieces into separate boxes. I was slightly more entertained than the guys who unpacked it all and had to reassemble it all over here. Kent International were the unpackers and they were great.

Other than that and the fact that I had stuff left over which didn't fit they were very helpful and everything arrived with only a small number of breakages that you'd expect. Oh and they were slightly overoptimistic in the first few days going home early and then in the last two days complained there wasn't enough time - grrr!

But they were friendly, helpful (we received a piece back to repair our tv just after they'd wrapped it and they were absolutely fine about unwrapping it for the repairman) and I didn't have any mess from them.

I'd taken their insurance out (they were open to a small amount of negotiation) just in case the whole lot sank and they were very fast at paying up for any damage and quite fair in their adjustments. Completing the form in the first place was a nightmare (I always did hate administration and lists) though and when you bulk things together you have to share the value, eg. 8 small kitchen applicances = £400 is ok if all your stuff averages out at £50 but if you have an expensive coffee maker, food processor or iron then specify it.

So to summarise. They're very good and you shouldn't worry more than you can't help.

Good luck and heave a huge sigh when it's all left.

Oh and don't throw away your boxes when you get your rental - you'll need them again soon enough.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

that's helpful - I've got them coming to quote on Thursday. Mind you I think each team of packers can be different so in that respect luck of the draw!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

barkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nicebarkingRockateer is just really nice

Hi.

Cheers.
I used them to return to Oz and they were awful. They lost 2 boxes of my stuff and the packaging was terrible with things stuffed without wrapping in boxes eg antique china doll placed head first in box with no protection. Perhaps if I had been able to take a day off and supervised instead of leaving it to other half it may have been better managed. I would never use them again. Unpacking by Aussie removalists great. Even they commented on the poor state of the packing.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

We have just unpacked our stuff and thought they were very good. They did seem to pack some strange things though. One whole box full of paper packing for a small tin of candles at the bottom?! One box contained an empty cardboard shoe box?! Small amount of damage where one cupboard must have banged into another and we have faxed off an insurance claim. they have said they will settle so that should be OK. the local delivery people were very good but we opted for a partial unpack, i.e., they unpacked the furniture but we took our time with the boxes. They also came back to take away packing materials when asked.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi.

Cheers.
We used them 6mths ago to ship our stuff to the Sunshine Coast we had some really expensive Antiques so we wanted to use the best, John Mason lived up to its name they are fantastic everything all came in one piece i would defo recommend them, make sure you get the price down though get 3 quotes and tell them they ain't the cheapest even if they are, we did and we got them to come down over £500 from the first quote they gave us.

Paula
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

justmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Recent Experience Of John Mason

Hi.

Cheers.
Yeah we used em they were great, deffo try and get the price down, we did even though they were the cheapest quote to begin with! They delivered our stuff to mandurah and the only casualty was one lamp shade so no insurance claims, they unpacked it all in one day and took all the packaging that I didn't want to keep. All in all a lot lot better than we expected
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:08 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justmd
Yeah we used em they were great, deffo try and get the price down, we did even though they were the cheapest quote to begin with! They delivered our stuff to mandurah and the only casualty was one lamp shade so no insurance claims, they unpacked it all in one day and took all the packaging that I didn't want to keep. All in all a lot lot better than we expected
I'll watch this with interest- -- have just instructed them to sort our shipping - - - -20 foot container.

They were competetive with quotes and then came down with the price when i kept them hanging - - - -i'd already decided to go with them - -but i didn't let on to them!!!

Will let you know how it goes.

xRachx
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We used them six months ago - they were brilliant, really careful, and pleasant guys. Everything really well packed. They use Wridgways in Brisbane and they too were excellent. Absolutely nothing broken or damaged. I would definitely use them again if I was ever in that position
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

We used them at end of Feb this year. Shipping arrived last week and everything perfect. All wrapped up really well, including anything unbreakable. Wridgways were used at this end and they were also great. Lovely chaps.

Joanne
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Forgot to say, we needed stuff to arrive when we did and were happy to move out earlier to accomodate that. Masons were the only ones to suggest a faster ship (not stopping at as many ports) and only charge extra £80 saving 2 weeks.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them to ship out at the end of 2004 and the only casualty was the glass from one picture frame. We didnt bother to claim it.

I couldnt fault the service and communication at either end.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We used them six months ago - they were brilliant, really careful, and pleasant guys. Everything really well packed. They use Wridgways in Brisbane and they too were excellent. Absolutely nothing broken or damaged. I would definitely use them again if I was ever in that position
I second all of this (altho we had one plate break), we really couldn't fault them & Wridgeways at this end!

Just make sure your good at making tea, and are aware of your local cafe.

A few pics from the day we left.

Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:38 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone It sounds like we've chosen well, I guess we'll find out soon enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.