Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reccomended Suburbs in Brisbane

Reccomended Suburbs in Brisbane

Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

mazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nice
Default Reccomended Suburbs in Brisbane

We've decided to head to Brisbane rather than Sydney & have started looking around for information on where we could live.
We both work in IT & so will probably need to live within 45 minutes of the city centre. We have a little boy & would like to live in an area where there are other young families as it's more likely to have the facilities we need (childcare, parks, family places to eat etc)

Does anyone have any good reccomendations??
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reccomended Suburbs in Brisbane

Originally Posted by mazza
We've decided to head to Brisbane rather than Sydney & have started looking around for information on where we could live.
We both work in IT & so will probably need to live within 45 minutes of the city centre. We have a little boy & would like to live in an area where there are other young families as it's more likely to have the facilities we need (childcare, parks, family places to eat etc)

For a start you are going to be inundated with suggestions of Bayside areas, Victoria Point, Cleveland, Thornside etc. We will be checking out those areas when we arrive, but we fancy Northside, so shall be looking at Albany Creek and Sandgate.

It all depends on what you want. Put a thread search on Brisbane suburbs and you will see that this has been asked many many many times in the past. There really isn't a right or a wrong suburb to choose.

I shall PM you a PM I received, which gives a good guide to various areas.

MF
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manxfamily
For a start you are going to be inundated with suggestions of Bayside areas, Victoria Point, Cleveland, Thornside etc. We will be checking out those areas when we arrive, but we fancy Northside, so shall be looking at Albany Creek and Sandgate.

It all depends on what you want. Put a thread search on Brisbane suburbs and you will see that this has been asked many many many times in the past. There really isn't a right or a wrong suburb to choose.

MF
would also be very intreseted in this as we are looking at the same areas, quite like welly point at the moment
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:57 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

MF
When are you going mate?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:59 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried www.ourbrisbane.com

Good info

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:28 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

MF
Hi

If you don't mind can you send that info to me also please
Much appreciated

Cheri x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

MF
Me too please if you wouldn't mind!! I'd be very grateful!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:59 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Me too please if you wouldn't mind!! I'd be very grateful!
And Me please!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:03 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

MF
Just post it on here and help everyone out
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:34 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Just post it on here and help everyone out
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

snowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the rough

MF
could you please pm me the information as well
thanks lisa
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:21 pm
ABCDiamond

As close to the coast as you can, to get the cooling sea breezes

Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

MF
I want to see it too, to see if they actually tell the truth about various areas .

The only reason that he will be inundated with suggestions of the bayside area is because so many people love it here. I've met heaps who are considering other areas when they arrive, but once they get here & actually look at all the different suburbs many of them choose the bayside area.

That doesnt mean that its the place for everyone & there are plenty of other lovely places in Brisbane, it all depends on what you want, but the fact that so many people do choose it even when they come over with the mindset of having chosen somewhere else must say something positive for the area.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:51 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mazza, there are heaps of places that suit your criteria, probably the biggest limitation will be if you have a budget. Also let us know what sort of house you want (old/new/bungalow/2storey/house/unit/garden etc) & what your requirements are likely to be with regard to schooling (private/state/catholic etc) & I can probably suggest somewhere suitable.

In the mean time have a look at these couple of threads, they mention & comment on many suburbs in Brisbane - just bear in mind that some are more than 2 years old, so the prices are nowhere near current!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=182299&pp=40

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184763

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225639

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229444
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:27 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I've met heaps who are considering other areas when they arrive, but once they get here & actually look at all the different suburbs many of them choose the bayside area.

That doesnt mean that its the place for everyone & there are plenty of other lovely places in Brisbane, it all depends on what you want, but the fact that so many people do choose it even when they come over with the mindset of having chosen somewhere else must say something positive for the area.
Equally, there are lots of people who look at the Western suburbs first, and don't bother looking anywhere else .

Also it depends on the style of house you want. My highset Queenslander on top of a hill gets far more breeze than a lowset on an estate in, say, Manly.

It really does depend on your personal preference. Don't write any suburb off just coz someone on here says that they would never live there. A lot of the time, they haven't even been there. Everybody has an opinion and it may be very different to yours.

Have a look at the Queensland Suburb profiles on
http://www.reiq.com.au/buySellRent/default.htm
This will give you the idea of the demographics of an area so you can see if its a good fit for you.

Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.