Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recalled For X-rays, Advice Please!!!

Recalled For X-rays, Advice Please!!!

Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:13 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Unhappy Recalled For X-rays, Advice Please!!!

HI, I have had my x-rays aswell as my wife and two teenage children. they were done on saturday 30th sept. the place we had them done have rang me tonight to say they have reported on them and they are all ok bar MINE. i have been asked to go back on friday to have another. when i asked why the lady said it was nothing to worry about, but mine never came out very clear!!!
i am now worried sick because i smoke, and have done for about 15 years. has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else? and is this the sort of thing that could get picked up for me to worry about???
thanks very much. Bill.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recalled For X-rays, Advice Please!!!

Originally Posted by JB2
HI, I have had my x-rays aswell as my wife and two teenage children. they were done on saturday 30th sept. the place we had them done have rang me tonight to say they have reported on them and they are all ok bar MINE. i have been asked to go back on friday to have another. when i asked why the lady said it was nothing to worry about, but mine never came out very clear!!!
i am now worried sick because i smoke, and have done for about 15 years. has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else? and is this the sort of thing that could get picked up for me to worry about???
thanks very much. Bill.
Hi Bill, they checked mine on the day and I had to have another one done because the bottom of my ribcage was just off the plate...they did show me and tell me that was the only reason for the second one, there was no medical problem,they just wanted to get it right.If it was a medical problem I think they would probably refer you to your GP.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:37 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Recalled For X-rays, Advice Please!!!

ok, thanks for that. hopefully you are right.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB2
thanks very much. Bill.

1. sounds like they just need to retake the xray.

2. Very unlikely to be anything significant, (ie scary) but if it were, then finding "something" wouldn't change whether ot not you had the "something", just that u could start treatment sooner. And that has to be a good thing
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:15 pm
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JB2
thanks very much. Bill.

Hi I am a radiographer and it probably just means the whole of your chest has not been included on the x-ray so an extra view needs to be taken, maybe you have a long or wide chest. I realise it is worrying but try not to.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by burno
Hi I am a radiographer and it probably just means the whole of your chest has not been included on the x-ray so an extra view needs to be taken, maybe you have a long or wide chest. I realise it is worrying but try not to.
When I had mine done they told me there and then I had a slight abnormality (enlarged heart - all that exercise, my BP was optimal).

Like the others said, no need to worry.

CB
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

rightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the rough

Same happened to me and my head went into overdrive but it was just that the first Xray didn't come out clearly, don't worry, I,m sure it will be fine
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Same happened to us. the wifes xray was slightly off plate, as they say and needed another one. they had the foresight to check them before we left radiography dept though. ;-)
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

On a related point, if your meds were iffy. ie Something should on your xray, bloods etc etc, would the doctore tell you or just send it on to Oz. I imagine its the former, but just wondered.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen
On a related point, if your meds were iffy. ie Something should on your xray, bloods etc etc, would the doctore tell you or just send it on to Oz. I imagine its the former, but just wondered.

Our doctor told us to ring after 3 or 4 days to make sure all was OK.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy
Our doctor told us to ring after 3 or 4 days to make sure all was OK.
Ring the Doctor ( I assume , or Australia?