Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reassurance required

Reassurance required

Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:37 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Reassurance required

I am worrying non-stop about my dog at the moment as she takes off from Heathrow in about 4 hours' time.

I can't wait to see her in Auckland on Thursday but I am terrified she is not going to make it ( why, as she is a healthy 1 year old, I don't know) or that she is going to be absolutely traumatised to bits by the whole experience.

The thought of her alone and frightened in that box is regulary reducing me to tears.

Please tell me that other dogs have done the trip just fine.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Our(parents) dogs (each in separate crate) were absolutely fine, even though 9 years old!
They took about 30 hours....
They didn't even have dirty crates when they arrived, that was strange, maybe someone let them out?

Yours will be fine!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

As an `avid` viewer of `airline` I can assure you pooch will be fine. The vets at the airports really do take good care of them, and check them regularly.

Dont worry
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster

Weds evening here so I reckon you will be on you way to AKL by now thinking of you and hoping to see big happy when I log in tomorrow morning