Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons for emigrating...

Reasons for emigrating...

Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

surfmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reasons for emigrating...

Just thought it might be interesting to hear reasons people want to emigrate.

For me it's a combination of being sick of the rainy, cold weather of England and being attracted by the Aussie weather and lifestyle.

Any thoughths?
Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

tracey710 is an unknown quantity at this point

we want a better quality of life ,better weather and good life for the kids. have'nt decided yet whether oz or nz.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:19 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by tracey710
we want a better quality of life ,better weather and good life for the kids. have'nt decided yet whether oz or nz.
Because it is very cold and grey in Scotland, and I swear me and my husband suffer from SAD.

Also, we can afford a bigger house in Oz and have a more relaxed way of life.

Mel
Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:59 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

I want to spend the rest of my life going to the beach, having barbies and drinking VB.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 4:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Better quality of life, better standard of living, people have a generally more positive outlook on life, you can't get Cascade Premium Lager in the UK.....oh, and I'm "in lurve" with an Aussie!
I'm sure there are more rasons, but those are the main ones!
Pollyana
Old Apr 30th 2003, 4:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default traffic

Fed up of any road begining with M being a car park!
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:25 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm. Let's see, I want to drive a large V8 round surburbia late at night playing loud music, dropping used needles, abducting and murdering children, and running over small marsupials. According to the trolls I'm gonna fit right in. Oh and I fully intend to be a dole bludger, why work when you can sit around all day and get paid for it.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

LouiseB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bored_bean
According to the trolls I'm gonna fit right in.

Trolls? Or people who express view points you don't want to hear? I reckon this site has one troll (no need to name him). The rest are people out there living their lives, expressing their opinions, same as you...
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reasons for emigrating...

Originally posted by surfmonkey

For me it's a combination of being sick of the rainy, cold weather of England and being attracted by the Aussie weather and lifestyle.

Any thoughths?

Hello

Myriad reasons but as a daughter of 10 pound pom parents I fully intend to claim my birthright!!!

Besides, after almost 8 years Florida is wearing a little thin now and since 9/11 every time I open my mouth as a "foreigner" I am regarded with suspicion - I wouldn't mind but we are on THEIR side!!!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another dreamer hoping to realise a dream. Sure i will be shot down for that.

Anyway good luck to everyone wherever you are in the process.

footie chick
Old Apr 30th 2003, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reasons for emigrating...

Originally posted by surfmonkey

Any thoughths?
This country sucks ...that's why..sucks evey single penny out of you that you have ever honestly earned in your life to pay the illegals to do sod all(basically).Sorry,won't say any more
Anniexx
Old Apr 30th 2003, 7:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Quite simply.....i want space.

I want to be able to go on a camping trip with my wife in the middle of nowhere and not see anyone for days. I would really like to own a 4wd and actually be able to use it...

Sounds a tad extreme i know, but i am fed up with not being able to move 5 metres in this country without bumping into someone.

And of course.....the weather.

I also just fancy a change...

(and the boss (ahem, Aussie wife) is makin me at gun point!!!)

(not forgetting that i like bored bean can't wait for a bit of crime, anarchy, disease and pestilance )
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:11 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason is simple:

SPACE!

I don't want to have to live with someone above me, under me, next to me, in front of me, behind me.

I want to see more sheep and wallabies than people.

I want to be able to go away somewhere in my home country (hopefully this will be Australia before too long) and not have to worry than 20 million people will be going to the same place at the same time.

I appreciate that there will be things that p*ss me off about Oz (like being charged everytime I use a cash machine - boy that's annoying) but you need to have bad things to appreciate the good things. There are just too many bad things here in the UK.

There are lots of other reasons too (sorry, mind on a wander now!)

great birds (yes, I'm a twitcher)
work to live ~ not live to work like in the UK
plenty of storage space in houses
good weather
rainforests!
good, clean facilities when camping
BYOB restaurants
smiling people

ooooh I hope we get there soon....

V
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

It's got to be done....
got to get away from overcrowded island
OK its a dreamers gamble but...
Heard motto..... rather live one day as a lion than 100 years as a lamb.
My motto...rather live 100 years (in OZ)
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because we have nothing better to do. !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.