Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Really P*SSED OFF. Chain Collapses!

Really P*SSED OFF. Chain Collapses!

Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really P*SSED OFF. Chain Collapses!

So here we are - 10 weeks or so since accepting an offer on our house and our buyers buyer has decided to pull out. B*TCH!!!!!

We've been pushing for an exchange and everyone has been dragging their heels - and now we're all left nursing solicitors bills. What a totally c*ap system it is. Only winners here are the solicitors and surveyors.

So - as we've got Billy Connolly tickets booked for 11 March we're going to have to go over. OK - it's not just for that! We have to complete the selections on our house build so it can get started!

Anyway - got a meeting with the branch manager tomorrow where I'm telling him he has 2 weeks to find an alternative buyer or he doesn't recoup his marketing costs and tell him he can keep it for another 2 weeks as long as he drops the comission rate. The way I figure it is they'd prefer some comission rather than none!

Back to keeping the house spotless again.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:07 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Really P*SSED OFF. Chain Collapses!

i am really sorry to hear about your house sale, the law doesnt offer any protection in this country, its diabolical, even after exchange a buyer can pull out which is ridiculous!!

we had an offer beginning january, therefore we are keeping our fingers crossed that all goes through, as we know only too well what can happen!!

Its definitely a buyers market out there and there is nothing us sellers can do.

good luck i hope you get another buyer very soon

vb2
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:23 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
So here we are - 10 weeks or so since accepting an offer on our house and our buyers buyer has decided to pull out. B*TCH!!!!!

We've been pushing for an exchange and everyone has been dragging their heels - and now we're all left nursing solicitors bills. What a totally c*ap system it is. Only winners here are the solicitors and surveyors.

So - as we've got Billy Connolly tickets booked for 11 March we're going to have to go over. OK - it's not just for that! We have to complete the selections on our house build so it can get started!

Anyway - got a meeting with the branch manager tomorrow where I'm telling him he has 2 weeks to find an alternative buyer or he doesn't recoup his marketing costs and tell him he can keep it for another 2 weeks as long as he drops the comission rate. The way I figure it is they'd prefer some comission rather than none!

Oh, bloddy hell Marco, I'm really sorry to hear this, that's absolutely poop news. Fingers crossed a genuine buyer comes along quickly.

Nicky
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:11 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

oh thats really crap news, hope they find you another buyer asap

Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:26 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

I feel so sorry for you, I hope you get new buyers soon. This shouldnt be allowed to happen and laws need changing asap.

I dread answering the phone at the moment incase its the estate agent telling us our house sale has fallen through. Were only 3 weeks into it and Im ready to have a nervous breakdown already :scared:

Enjoy Billy on the 11th, would loved to have seen him, hopefully he will return again sometime soon.

Jo
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:36 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

What a bummer. Hope things get sorted soon.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

bobthebuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

What a bummer. Did they know you were going to Oz and have ruined your plans? What reason did they give? A bloody good one I hope.

Get your EA to get onto the case. The good news is house prices are going up again so you might get more for your house now. That would be good eh?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:03 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this as the same happened to us (our buyers, buyer pulled out) but our buyer still desperately wanted our house and had already paid out for a full structural survey. We told our buyer we would give him 6 weeks to find another buyer which luckily he did and we exchanged and completed this time without a hitch. Unfortunately our 'buyer' for our business pulled out just before exchange though so we're still stuck here. Bloody time waster!!! I hope it all works out for you.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
i am really sorry to hear about your house sale, the law doesnt offer any protection in this country, its diabolical, even after exchange a buyer can pull out which is ridiculous!!

vb2
After exchange you do have protection!

Please check this out if in doubt....exchange means contacts and movement of deposits....if you except less than the 5 or 10% (which loads of estates agents and solictitors seems to accept) most people use the next money in the chain...so we the punters do not think exchange means finding money.

If the buyers default on the contract after exchange but before completion....the deposit is yours! If you did not take the full 5 or 10% deposit you are possibly back in court to claim the rest. You have to beware of a little know extension to contract after exchange but before completion which the buyer can exercise for 10 days without fault on the agreed date. If your estate agent or solicitor can't explain these facts to you...they are possibly a bit crap.......and ask for a reduced fee.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:49 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

What a bloody nightmare!! Hope you find a new decent buyer soon!!!

Kris xx
Old Feb 1st 2006, 3:18 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

You poor things
The system is soo rubbish in this country like you say the only winners are solicitors and surveyors
Good vibes sent your way
Jane xx
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

oh bloody hell mate what a pile of cack
Old Feb 1st 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that mate, it stinks. hope you get another buyer quickly, will send you some good luc karma
Old Feb 1st 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

That's totally Pants so sorry to hear what has happened.Its true the house system in the Uk stinks.Scotland have the right idea.
We are biting our nails at the moment too.We have had an offer but well under the asking price we have decided to accept,but our buyers end of the chain is due to complete 6th Feb but we have been informed since then they have put another offer in for another property in the village and have been turned down.Surely this should not be allowed if we have accepted their offer.Our agent has informed us that they will let him know once everything is tied up their end if they are going to proceed with our property
Once again they know we are desperate and have evrything to play for.Would not be surprised if they came back with a lower offer.If they did we really would tell them to stuff it.
Good Luck to everyone who is going through the same thing,cos you will need it.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Angry Re: Really P*SSED OFF. Chain Collapses!

I know exactly how you feel, On Monday I got a telephone call from my estate agent, we also were waiting to exchange and like you my buyers buyer had to pull out because she told a few fibs about her deposit, basically she had to admit that she does not have one at all.

So I am going through all the same emotions, I am now past wanting to beat her up, I am currently at the stage where I would much rather kill the stupid cow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.