Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it really that expensive to live in Oz?

Is it really that expensive to live in Oz?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it really that expensive to live in Oz?

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Good luck and I hope you enjoy it but it does not work for a lot of people.
I can only go by my experience as a young single bloke in Perth who managed to find plenty of female company which was greatbut no soul in the place...much prefer Kwa Zulu Natal, Empangeni and the wonderful beaches up the east coast
You can buy my house in Mtunzini then. It's just about to go on the market.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:35 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You can buy my house in Mtunzini then. It's just about to go on the market.
i know it is to dangerous to live in KZN but what a wonderfull part of the world miles of untouched beaches and fishing for yellowfin tunny and cuda.
fishing in Phobane Lake you do realise that Oz can never ever touch that part of the world, I played football for Empangeni against Eshowe not long ago
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

i know it is to dangerous to live in KZN but what a wonderfull part of the world miles of untouched beaches and fishing for yellowfin tunny and cuda.
fishing in Phobane Lake you do realise that Oz can never ever touch that part of the world, I played football for Empangeni against Eshowe not long ago
It is a beautiful place but it is located in a troubled land and you can't live on the beach. I would never raise a family there. Perth offers me the income, lifestyle, weather, opportunities and safety that Zululand never, ever will. As for the UK, it's a great place but it will never be home for me. All the logistics of life are just not there.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:49 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

It is a beautiful place but it is located in a troubled land and you can't live on the beach. I would never raise a family there. Perth offers me the income, lifestyle, weather, opportunities and safety that Zululand never, ever will. As for the UK, it's a great place but it will never be home for me. All the logistics of life are just not there.

Have you lived in Perth yet or are you there now?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Have you lived in Perth yet or are you there now?
I've been here just over 2 years and love it. I think it's one of the best places in the world to live.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
Banned

I've been here just over 2 years and love it. I think it's one of the best places in the world to live.

Have you travelled much
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Have you travelled much
I spent 2 years travelling. I've been round the world twice and to every continent apart from South America.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Have you travelled much
Just because it didn't work out for you doesn't make it the arse end of the planet for everyone.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:11 pm
Banned

I spent 2 years travelling. I've been round the world twice and to every continent apart from South America.
Well how can you call PERTH a great place It comes way down in the cities of the world I have visited, I thought it was a dump to be honest.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well how can you call PERTH a great place It comes way down in the cities of the world I have visited, I thought it was a dump to be honest.
yes the cities YOU have visited, YOU thought it was a dump. We have young families and don't live in shit suburbs trawling northbridge at night. FFS go away, you are really beginning to get on my lallys now.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

We're all different and all like different things in life so each to their own.

I think Empangeni is a dump.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:20 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you travel to Antarctica? via NZ/Tasmania?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
yes the cities YOU have visited, YOU thought it was a dump. We have young families and don't live in shit suburbs trawling northbridge at night. FFS go away, you are really beginning to get on my lallys now.

Perth was bottom of the list of the places I would ever want to live , only my opinion though, we are all entilted to that.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Perth was bottom of the list of the places I would ever want to live , only my opinion though, we are all entilted to that.
Exactly. We get it that you don't like Perth, now shouldn't you be in bed early or something to get ready for work in gods country.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Nerine
How did you travel to Antarctica? via NZ/Tasmania?
Okay every continent apart from S. America and Antarctica.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.