Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Realistic time scale?

Realistic time scale?

Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:04 am
Just Joined

marseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nice
Default Realistic time scale?

Hi guys, just wondering if you have any thoughts on how realistic our expectations are....as reading some threads on here has made me wonder!!!

My hubbie has accepted a job in Sydney just this week. He has a three month notice period to give in his current job. We will be applying for ENS visa. Our house goes on the Market today! How likely is it that we will be able to head out to oz at the end if his three months notice and so not have a time of unemployment between jobs? Are we being unrealistic? How have you all timed it with ENS visas and leaving old jobs etc?

We really are hoping to be flying out end of may to start new post beg June... But worried this is unrealistic!!! Help? Advice?

Thanks. Mary
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic time scale?

It really depends whether your husband needs skills assessment or not. Do you know if he does? Most going straight to an ENS would do. Depending on occupation skills assessment takes a couple of weeks to a few months. So that will really determind your time frame rather than visa application itself.

I have seen ENS visas being processed in about a couple of months.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:48 am
Just Joined

marseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It really depends whether your husband needs skills assessment or not. Do you know if he does? Most going straight to an ENS would do. Depending on occupation skills assessment takes a couple of weeks to a few months. So that will really determind your time frame rather than visa application itself.

I have seen ENS visas being processed in about a couple of months.
Thanks for that... I think he will meet the senior executive bit on the skills assessment.... So maybe that won't take so long?

Also... Stupid question maybe... What type of visa will me and our kids come out on? The spouse and child one looks like you have to have a Hubby with oz citizenship? Do we all just come over on the ENS as a family? Sorry can't see this info on visa website.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marseygreen
Thanks for that... I think he will meet the senior executive bit on the skills assessment.... So maybe that won't take so long?

Also... Stupid question maybe... What type of visa will me and our kids come out on? The spouse and child one looks like you have to have a Hubby with oz citizenship? Do we all just come over on the ENS as a family? Sorry can't see this info on visa website.
Has your husband applied to AIM for his skills assessment? It doesn't matter whether he meets the criteria or not, the skills assessment could take anything from a few weeks to a few months, depending on which assessing body does his occupation. For instance, ACS which does computer related assessments is now taking about 14 weeks to do skills assessments. Look at the AIM website to see how long they're quoting.

As for visas, you would be dependents on his visa.

Take a read of www.immi.gov.au (booklet 5 I think is employer sponsored) or just do a search for ENS on the immi site. You will find all the relevant info there.

Are you and your husband's sponsor using an agent? If so, the agent should be able to tell you how long his skills assessment is likely to take.