Sky+

Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sky+

Is my sky+ box good for anything in Australia? Wondered if you can still view free channels i just as well put in container.
gary
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky+

Originally Posted by garyp
Is my sky+ box good for anything in Australia? Wondered if you can still view free channels i just as well put in container.
gary
NO.

Sell it on eBay and get Foxtel in OZ.

Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers for that but no need to shout.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
Cheers for that but no need to shout.

Sorry. Was just pulling your leg!

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 27th 2010 at 7:11 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

If you bring it to Australia you'll still be able to watch any content that you have on its internal hard disk but there's no coverage from SKY satellites here so it'll never pick up a signal, even if you connect it to a dish.

Overall the best option is to dispose of it on eBay or give it to a friend, unless you have a lot of unwatched content on it that you still want to watch at some point.

Then, its welcome to the overpriced world of Foxtel, when you get here you'll see just what great value Sky is
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:58 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobertC

Then, its welcome to the overpriced world of Foxtel, when you get here you'll see just what great value Sky is
Depending on where you go you may have to get Austar rather than foxtel, and the sky plus equivalent is, My Austar (IQ I think on Foxtel). Have found the price similar, but so far the customer service is better (ie they have some unlike sky). I paid £50 per month in uk and more or less the same package is $100 here

You'll recognise the remotes by the way, the are exactly the same - no idea if they work here though!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Depending on where you go you may have to get Austar rather than foxtel, and the sky plus equivalent is, My Austar (IQ I think on Foxtel). Have found the price similar, but so far the customer service is better (ie they have some unlike sky). I paid £50 per month in uk and more or less the same package is $100 here

You'll recognise the remotes by the way, the are exactly the same - no idea if they work here though!
Sky+ remotes work with the IQ box. The good thing is the Sky+ remote can be programmed to control basic TV functions. The IQ remote cannot.

I've got an old Sky+ remote that I didn't mean to bring but I'm very happy I did.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:21 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Sky+ remotes work with the IQ box. The good thing is the Sky+ remote can be programmed to control basic TV functions. The IQ remote cannot.

I've got an old Sky+ remote that I didn't mean to bring but I'm very happy I did.
Nonsense
Its exactly the same as UK.
The manuals telling you how are below

http://www.foxtel.com.au/discover/ac...es/default.htm
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think u will be able to watch the saved content on it somehow, unless ur a subscriber, our sky+ was switched off last week but it still allows us to watch the free channels. However the box was half full (empty?!) of things we'd recorded which weren't watchable now that we were no longer paying a subscription...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I don't think u will be able to watch the saved content on it somehow, unless ur a subscriber, our sky+ was switched off last week but it still allows us to watch the free channels. However the box was half full (empty?!) of things we'd recorded which weren't watchable now that we were no longer paying a subscription...

Yes that's right. You need to subscribe to the channels where the content was recorded from otherwise you can't watch them.

I've just unsubscribed from ESPN sports channels and can no longer watch anything recorded from them.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Nonsense
Its exactly the same as UK.
The manuals telling you how are below

http://www.foxtel.com.au/discover/ac...es/default.htm
I stand corrected.

The Foxtel install bloke told me they couldn't be programmed like the Sky+ remotes. Works a treat ! Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I stand corrected.

The Foxtel install bloke told me they couldn't be programmed like the Sky+ remotes. Works a treat ! Thanks.

That's good news.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:39 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I stand corrected.

Ah bless the all knowledgable installer! When I had my iQ fitted, the installer said there was no difference between HDMI and composite video signals. I very quickly gave up trying to argue with him and got him out the house asap!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

No difference between HDMI and Composite! I hope your front door hit him on the way out!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

I stand corrected.

Same here been living with 2 remotes for a year now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.