Reload this Page >

The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Jasond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
You photocopy the letter after you've signed it.
Still she can deny she ever received that particular letter, can't she? Anyone can write a letter, sign it, get a photocopy of it but doesn't post that particular letter... I am not trying to be picky, but now that the real estate agent is not behaving fully honest by trying to avoid replying directly to my emails, I am wondering what stops her from claiming she never received that particular letter?

Last edited by Jasond; Jul 7th 2012 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasond
Still she can deny she ever received that particular letter, can't she? Anyone can write a letter, sign it, get a photocopy of it but doesn't post that particular letter... I am not trying to be picky, but now that the real estate agent is not behaving fully honest by trying to avoid replying directly to my emails, I am wondering what stops her from claiming she never received that particular letter?
Send her an email as Chortlepuss suggested. In your email program set your settings to get a delivery reciept and a read receipt. Even if you don't get her to send a read receipt you'll still have the delivery one if you need to take it to the rental tribunal people.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Jasond is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Send her an email as Chortlepuss suggested. In your email program set your settings to get a delivery reciept and a read receipt. Even if you don't get her to send a read receipt you'll still have the delivery one if you need to take it to the rental tribunal people.
Good to know mate, thanks.

What sort of email client should I use to be able to get a delivery receipt? Thunderbird? Outlook?
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have you asked the RTA for advice at all?
Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know mate, thanks.

What sort of email client should I use to be able to get a delivery receipt? Thunderbird? Outlook?
Outlook. Type your message then before you send it go to the options tab on the message. Click on "importance" and change that to "high". Then go a bit further down the box and click on both "request a delivery receipt for this message" and "request a read receipt for this message". Close that box then send your message.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 11:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

You can fax a copy of the letter you send. Straight after sending the fax, call the receptionist to ask that for confirmation that they've received it. Note down the time that you called and who you spoke to. Follow it up by posting the fax by regular mail, not registered.

That advice was given to me by the NSW Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service - we're having our own issues with an unhelpful landlord ATM!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Tim86 is an unknown quantity at this point

got to love an illusive landlord / letting agent,

as previously mentioned there are many ways to push this on...

talk to the manager at the estate agents, (copy in other branch mangers if she is the manager) - essentially take the issue up a level,

do you have contact with the owner of the property - i'm sure they will want to know that the letting agent that they are paying to look after the place isn't doing so!

by using the word 'damage' they are almost apportioning blame for the issue, we had a leaking shower for month and months, shortly after it was fixed and during an inspection we were blamed for the mould in the bathroom!!!! despite the numerous email and letters written about the leak and the fact that they fixed it they still claimed that we should have properly ventilated the bathroom!!!!! I couldn't believe their cheek! - live and learn!

good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

blondiefee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there... must be a bloody nightmare... just record everything. Good to have the heads up on rentals problem tho. thanks
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just reply to her email asking her if she thinks there is a difference between 'damage' and 'mould'?