Reload this Page >

The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Jasond is an unknown quantity at this point
Question The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Hello all,

We have some mould problem in the property which we are renting due to the rainwater intrusion in one of the bedrooms.

Whenever I send her an email expressing my concerns about the mould, she doesn't reply to the email directly. Instead, she sends me a new email referring to the problem vaguely without mentioning the word "mould". I guess maybe she is trying to pull some trick on me by not replying directly to the emails I send her.

How can I ask her politely to respond to my email directly instead of starting a new email?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Jasond; Jul 6th 2012 at 3:11 am.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Originally Posted by Jasond
Hello all,

We have some mould problem in the property which we are renting due to the rainwater intrusion in one of the bedrooms.

Whenever I send her an email expressing my concerns about the mould, she doesn't reply to the email directly. Instead, she sends me a new email referring to the problem vaguely without mentioning the word "mould". I guess maybe she is trying to pull some trick on me by not replying directly to the emails I send her.

How can I ask her politely to respond to my email directly instead of starting a new email?

Thanks everyone
Which state are you in - tenants rights vary from State to State.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Question Re: The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which state are you in - tenants rights vary from State to State.
Sorry forgot to mention that. I am in QLD

Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Does she seem to be avoiding getting it fixed? Just not sure why she would avoid it. Mine writes 'mould' on my inspection report every single visit.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Does she seem to be avoiding getting it fixed? Just not sure why she would avoid it. Mine writes 'mould' on my inspection report every single visit.
They are apparently dealing with the insurance company to have the carpet changed.

But why would she still avoid replying directly to my emails about mould whilst I have already told her that I will tolerate the situation and wait until they deal with the insurance company?

I just don't know what exactly I should mention in my next email to her to get her to reply to the same email?

Last edited by Jasond; Jul 6th 2012 at 3:35 am.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They are apparently dealing with the insurance company to have the carpet changed.

But why would she still avoid replying directly to my emails about mould whilst I have already told her that I will tolerate the situation and wait until they deal with the insurance company?

I just don't know what exactly I should mention in my next email to her to get her to reply to the same email?
In Queensland you can talk to the Residential Tenants Authority, they will tell you what your rights are in the case.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

dnbosiris is an unknown quantity at this point

"Can you please respond directly to my e-mails instead of starting a new e-mail every time?"

should do the trick
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if it's simply to do with how their email program is set up? You could be reading something into this when it could possibly be nothing at all.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Do you know if it's simply to do with how their email program is set up? You could be reading something into this when it could possibly be nothing at all.
She only does this whenever I express my concerns about mould. In all other cases, she directly replies to my emails!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

She only does this whenever I express my concerns about mould. In all other cases, she directly replies to my emails!
Does sound a bit odd? Why don't you ring them.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Does sound a bit odd? Why don't you ring them.
I have talked to her about the mould several times, she says they can't do anything about that yet.

But when I email her, she doesn't reply directly. I think she doesn't want me to have written proof of the fact that they don't do anything about the mould. Interestingly, she doesn't mention the word "mould" in her in-direct replies, she instead uses "damage".
Old Jul 6th 2012, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Ihad an employment contractor try to avoid confirming something in writing. Took some advice from a friend and sent an email saying 'This is to confirm our conversation of dd/mm where we discussed xxx. You have committed to do yyy by (amount of time)'

State the facts, state your conclusion and then ask them to respond, including the contents of this email to any issues that he/she disagrees with.
Worked in my case!
Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:49 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is they don't want to admit its mould caused by the leak

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Renting/Du...-repairs/Mould

Suggest you write to them (not email) mentioning when you have notified them before and say you are waiting for it to be sorted as part of the insurance claim and can they advise what will happen and when.

Scotty
Old Jul 8th 2012, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Question Re: The Real Estate Agent Acting Weird... Need Some Advice

Originally Posted by Scotty1
My guess is they don't want to admit its mould caused by the leak

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Renting/Du...-repairs/Mould

Suggest you write to them (not email) mentioning when you have notified them before and say you are waiting for it to be sorted as part of the insurance claim and can they advise what will happen and when.

Scotty
Thanks for your advice Scotty.

I am wondering what stops them to deny the content of the letter which they receive from me? Sure I can send the letter with registered post, but how would I prove the content of the letter if required further down the track?

Last edited by Jasond; Jul 8th 2012 at 8:09 am.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering what stops them to deny the content of the letter which they receive from me? Sure I can send the letter with registered post, but how would I prove the content of the letter if required further down the track?
You photocopy the letter after you've signed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.