Reload this Page >

Re: Moving to Brissy

Re: Moving to Brissy

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:32 am
Account Closed

paintbrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Brissy

Hello,

I have been offered a job at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brissy, and would like your advice on potential areas to live 30-40 minutes commute to the hospital please?

Thanks for your help

Helen
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

hiya helen,
well done on getting the job, i live in brissy but cant seem to place the location of the hospital! it depends what kinda thing you are looking for in a suburb and how much money you will have and if you will be renting or buying, the cost of these places vary so much.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 11:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paintbrush
Hello,

I have been offered a job at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brissy, and would like your advice on potential areas to live 30-40 minutes commute to the hospital please?

Thanks for your help

Helen
I can drive there in 30 minutes outside rush hour, ie about 11am.
At about an 8am arrival time it takes about 45-50 minutes.

That gives you an idea of time from the East (Bayside), and I am almost as far East as you can get.

www.whereis.com quotes
Distance: 37.3km Time: 34min (approx)

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Oct 23rd 2010 at 11:53 am.

Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sormesher
hiya helen,
well done on getting the job, i live in brissy but cant seem to place the location of the hospital! it depends what kinda thing you are looking for in a suburb and how much money you will have and if you will be renting or buying, the cost of these places vary so much.

Woolloongabba, South Brisbane. (think thats how you spell it)
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks for your help

Helen
The couple of people I know who work/worked at PA have lived in Tarragindi and Holland Park. Nice family areas within a 15 minute drive. Tell us more about your family situation and the kind of place you want to live and we may be able to help you out a little more.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:27 am
Account Closed

paintbrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everybody for your replies

My partner (30) and I (will be 28) are looking to rent a house or appartment close to the PAH and the city, rent wise we're looking at $200 - $ 350 PW. Evenually after we're married we will buy a house.

Helen
Old Oct 24th 2010, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everybody for your replies

My partner (30) and I (will be 28) are looking to rent a house or appartment close to the PAH and the city, rent wise we're looking at $200 - $ 350 PW. Evenually after we're married we will buy a house.

Helen
Here's a realestate.com.au search of apartments in your price range in the suburb the PA is in http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/pr...102%3b+/list-1. For a young couple with no kids, it'd be a pretty good place to stay. Some pockets can be a little bit dodgy but generally okay. Loads of restaurants, pubs, the "Gabba" if you're into watching live sport. Good luck with finding something.