Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Wikiposts

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Old Apr 24th 2005, 3:54 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Originally Posted by Bordy
No smart comments from me, I was shouting for Freo against the Blues this weekend.

I remember going to the football as a kid & looking over my shoulder to see where the next bottle was coming.
I'm guessing you could come out of Subiaco with your arms around Brian & have a great day.
Theres something about really hating the oppositition & hating them Aussie style. I'm Proddy & married a catholic maybe that says it all.
Brian's a true blue Aussie, & an Eagles man. (so he'll be very happy at the moment)!!

The mate I was talking about is Chris, Scottish through & through! He's Catholic, (but now an atheist!!!!), & I'm a Proddy....
Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

i'm a celtic fan and i'm absolutely delighted we won today,but i prefer to
look at the bigger picture and that is in europe,celtic reaching the eufa
cup final was a fantastic achievment and i would be looking for more of that
from both the old firm,let's face it, it's a two horse race in scotland and
you can't beat the european nights for glamour and excitement,in getting
to the final in seville celtic pumped two of englands finest?just as rangers
did when they beat leeds a few years ago,a result that as a celtic fan
also delighted me,i support all the scottish teams in europe but i'm sad to
say that scotland will never be rid of the minority of mindless bigots who
follow both celtic and rangers.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fitz

What makes you think the bigots are in the minority? On each and every trip I have made to Glasgow for a match everyone I met was a bigot.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:47 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz

And all the Rangers fans I know support England
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Dave+Kelly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cammym
Having read som this post and it's comments towards the end I now realise why I left Glasgow years ago.

I used to follow the Gers home and away but the bigotry and hatred from both sides got me down...
It's not just a west coast thing, living in the east of Scotland was walking past a pub 10 mins after the final whistle as an orange walk goes by. 5 or 6 celtic fans run out to shout abuse at the parade, only for the walk followers to start a mass brawl in the street, the police were happy to stand by and watch even though it was only 2.45 pm.
I don't hate Scotland and am proud of to be British but this kind of thing pisses me off.
Must say though it is the hatred that makes the Old Firm games unique but the bigotry brings nothing but shame on our country.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:37 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
And all the Rangers fans I know support England
I'm surprised at you saying that Fraser?!?

Most of your posts are pretty well informed.

I've supported Rangers all my life, & every one of my buddies in Scotland who are Rangers fans, would rather stick pins in their eyes than support England!

Unfortunately, in recent years, some of the more, "hard of thinking" Gers fans have taken to wearing England shirts to the games.

I confronted one of them at a game just before I left to live in Oz & said, "You're a bloody Scotsman! What the f#ck are you doing wearing an England shirt, you f#cking fool??"

"Aaw, it cozzy the queen n that", he said.

"Would you care to elaborate?", I said.

"Eey", he said.........

Dim as a 4 watt bulb, sprung to my mind!

This bloke had probably never read a history book in his life.
If he had, he would probably have found out that Prince William Of Orange's victory at The Battle Of The Boyne in 1690, was totally bankrolled by the incumbent Pope of the time, who was shit scared that if King James of England had won the day, the king of Spain would then hold the balance of power in Europe, leaving him free to invade Italy, & usurp the Papacy!!

Try telling that to your average Orangeman, & watch him squirm!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:42 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
I'm surprised at you saying that Fraser?!?

Most of your posts are pretty well informed.

I've supported Rangers all my life, & every one of my buddies in Scotland who are Rangers fans, would rather stick pins in their eyes than support England!

Unfortunately, in recent years, some of the more, "hard of thinking" Gers fans have taken to wearing England shirts to the games.

I confronted one of them at a game just before I left to live in Oz & said, "You're a bloody Scotsman! What the f#ck are you doing wearing an England shirt, you f#cking fool??"

"Aaw, it cozzy the queen n that", he said.

"Would you care to elaborate?", I said.

"Eey", he said.........

Dim as a 4 watt bulb, sprung to my mind!

This bloke had probably never read a history book in his life.
If he had, he would probably have found out that Prince William Of Orange's victory at The Battle Of The Boyne in 1690, was totally bankrolled by the incumbent Pope of the time, who was shit scared that if King James of England had won the day, the king of Spain would then hold the balance of power in Europe, leaving him free to invade Italy, & usurp the Papacy!!

Try telling that to your average Orangeman, & watch him squirm!
Sorry Scossie but it is well informed it's a fact that all the Rangers fans I know that drink in the Rosevale all support England. I've also a mate from Erskine who lives round the corner who's bought his boys England shirts. He also used to go on the marches and has all the flags out when the games are on and plays the flute. So I didn't mean to cause any offence to your scottish pride just calling it how I've found it on a personal level.

Sending you some k
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC
and... don't you think that's a bit pathetic? Would you still hate me and think I was scum if you were dying in a hospital bed and I was the nurse looking after you? You are a sad person who needs to take a good look at themselves.
I have had enough of this drivvle now - got better ways to spend my day!
good luck to you

No it isnt pathetic at all. I just hate you for being a tic. I dont hate you on a personal level, or anyone for that matter. So long as you werent wearing a hoops shirt over your nurses uniform you could give me a bed bath anyday.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:04 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry Scossie but it is well informed it's a fact that all the Rangers fans I know that drink in the Rosevale all support England. I've also a mate from Erskine who lives round the corner who's bought his boys England shirts. He also used to go on the marches and has all the flags out when the games are on and plays the flute. So I didn't mean to cause any offence to your scottish pride just calling it how I've found it on a personal level.

Sending you some k
Fair dooz Fraser.
I take your point...

I still think it's abhorrent though, that a Scotsman would buy his kids England shirts, pretty much because he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about!

But there you go. The world is full of dim people, and who am I to even think of changing that??

Karma back, on the way to you as well.........

Cheers.... John.......
Old Apr 24th 2005, 11:53 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'm no Rangers or Celtic fan
Then sit down, shut up.

Don't presume to talk for me, you patronising twat, especially as you completely misunderstood the point I was making.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 11:55 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
Weegie minks how original and charming. As a scottish lass and a gers supporter, im definatley offended
Are you really offended or are you just worried that Aberdeen are going to hammer the final nail into the coffin of your Championship hopes on Sunday?