Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Wikiposts

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:45 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Originally Posted by Scossie
Rangers simply weren't good enough!
Home advantage should have counted in their favour, but they didn't take advantage of it.

Young Celtic goalie played out of his skin, which didn't help either....
Rangers were dreadful, the finishing was pathetic, and the midfield was totally bereft of flair and imagination. The league is done & thats it.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:46 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Rangers simply weren't good enough!
Home advantage should have counted in their favour, but they didn't take advantage of it.

Young Celtic goalie played out of his skin, which didn't help either....
At least you got to see the game - I live in Perth (Scotland) and didn't get to see it live The way the TV situation is here we will probably see more live football when we live in Oz
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:48 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
At least you got to see the game - I live in Perth (Scotland) and didn't get to see it live The way the TV situation is here we will probably see more live football when we live in Oz
You get more live english games here than in the UK, and setanta are considering showing scottish football on a pay per view basis.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:52 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

This is hilarious, watching you weegie minks arguing amongst yourselves. You should wise up and realise how much both sets of fans have in common: at the end of the day you're all a bunch of soapdodgers. IMO the sooner your clubs follow your examples and piss off out of Scotland, the better. No offence
Attached Images  
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC
Totally agree! Things always get out of hand and people react badly. At the end of the day it is only a game of football - there are far bigger and more important things going on in our world.
Carolyn

Dont lecture me with your wishy washy veiws. The reason the old firm makes such a great occasion is because of the hatred. I aint changin and what isnt so important to you may be very important to someone else.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:03 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by smood
Dont lecture me with your wishy washy veiws. The reason the old firm makes such a great occasion is because of the hatred. I aint changin and what isnt so important to you may be very important to someone else.
I'm not lecturing you just stating my opinion that it's very sad that you would want to hate someone purely because of their religion, politics or what football team they support. What you have said is that you hate me and think Im scum because I support Celtic
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC
I'm not lecturing you just stating my opinion that it's very sad that you would want to hate someone purely because of their religion, politics or what football team they support. What you have said is that you hate me and think Im scum because I support Celtic

and? rolleyes
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
This is hilarious, watching you weegie minks arguing amongst yourselves. You should wise up and realise how much both sets of fans have in common: at the end of the day you're all a bunch of soapdodgers. IMO the sooner your clubs follow your examples and piss off out of Scotland, the better. No offence

Weegie minks how original and charming. As a scottish lass and a gers supporter, im definatley offended
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:09 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smood
and? rolleyes
and... don't you think that's a bit pathetic? Would you still hate me and think I was scum if you were dying in a hospital bed and I was the nurse looking after you? You are a sad person who needs to take a good look at themselves.
I have had enough of this drivvle now - got better ways to spend my day!
good luck to you
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DaveC

I'm no Rangers or Celtic fan, but doesn't this guy know his Scottish football. I think hes trying to say if Hearts play in Portugal & maybe Hibs in Spain & possibly Kilmarnock in France then we would maybe win the next world cup. I think hes an absolute hero. ( Or was it a d****ead )
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:29 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Yup... Agree with that NAC.

I was a Rangers season ticket holder for 7 years before coming out to live in Oz.

My best mate in Oz, (& we were friends for years in Scotland as well) is a Celtic fan.
He was supposed to come over to my house tonight to watch the game on the net, but he didn't cos he had an outstandingly furious hangover from yesterday!Reason being that we are now both Freo Dockers members & had a bit of a drinkathon after watching Freo cuffing Carlton at Subi' Oval.....

It's funny how we now sit next to each other every second week supporting the same team, & in Scotland we were on opposite sides of the fence!

Probably has something to do with the fact that neither of us were ever in the least bit interested in the bigotry that surrounds The Old Firm.
We are both just into Football, & supported different teams.

This is not directed at you NAC, but not all Old Firm fans are bigots!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I was a Rangers season ticket holder for 7 years before coming out to live in Oz.

My best mate in Oz, (& we were friends for years in Scotland as well) is a Celtic fan.
He was supposed to come over to my house tonight to watch the game on the net, but he didn't cos he had an outstandingly furious hangover from yesterday!Reason being that we are now both Freo Dockers members & had a bit of a drinkathon after watching Freo cuffing Carlton at Subi' Oval.....

It's funny how we now sit next to each other every second week supporting the same team, & in Scotland we were on opposite sides of the fence!

Probably has something to do with the fact that neither of us were ever in the least bit interested in the bigotry that surrounds The Old Firm.

Doesn't it feel great going to the game with your mate & knowing you won't be separated or that there wont be any trouble. I hate the bigotry maybe thats why I love Aussie rules.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:37 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for restoring my faith, Scossie! I enjoy friendly banter with friends (and family!! ) who are Rangers fans but it's soon over with and never anything to do with religion etc.
Glad to see your mates have good taste in football teams though, even if you don't
Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 3:01 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Carolyn. Less of the sarcasm, my good woman! Just enjoy your win.

Bordy. When I first started going to AFL games, I was amazed at the fact that there is no segregation! Breath of fresh air if you ask me.

My first ever AFL game was Essendon v Freo at Telstradome. We, as Freo fans were well in the minority, & were surrounded by Bombers fans. Not one bad word was said to us though. I couldn't believe it!!!

Essendon won by a fair old margin.
No smart comments from you Bordy!!! Especially from where you stand in the ladder at the moment!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 3:41 am
The Godfather

Carolyn. Less of the sarcasm, my good woman! Just enjoy your win.

Bordy. When I first started going to AFL games, I was amazed at the fact that there is no segregation! Breath of fresh air if you ask me.

My first ever AFL game was Essendon v Freo at Telstradome. We, as Freo fans were well in the minority, & were surrounded by Bombers fans. Not one bad word was said to us though. I couldn't believe it!!!

Essendon won by a fair old margin.
No smart comments from you Bordy!!! Especially from where you stand in the ladder at the moment!

No smart comments from me, I was shouting for Freo against the Blues this weekend.

I remember going to the football as a kid & looking over my shoulder to see where the next bottle was coming.
I'm guessing you could come out of Subiaco with your arms around Brian & have a great day.
Theres something about really hating the oppositition & hating them Aussie style. I'm Proddy & married a catholic maybe that says it all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.