Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ramsay Health Care

Ramsay Health Care

Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

saffymouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ramsay Health Care

Are there any nurses on this site who work for one of the many private hospitals run by Ramsay Health Care? If so how do you find them? I'm currently a cardiothoracic nurse employed by the NHS and am planning to emigrate within the next 18nths. A friend (also a nurse) has recommended them to me as she worked for them whilst living in Sydney. They apparently treat their staff well and have high standards of care. We are looking to go to melbourne and I have discovered that they have numerous hospitals there, one of which has cardiothoracics as a specialty.

Another friend who is nursing on NZ has told me that a lot of private hospitals close over the Christmas period - something that is of course a very attractive thing for me as I have young children now and am a bit fed up of having to work either crimbo or new yr every year. I'm unsure how this works as where on earth do the poor patients go? Surely it can't be guaranteed that they're all going to have recovered from whatever surgery they've had in time to be discharged before Christmas??

Anyway, apologies for waffling, I am just interested to hear of anyone who has experience of working for this company.

Thank you!

Saff
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice
Default Re: Ramsay Health Care

Originally Posted by saffymouse
Are there any nurses on this site who work for one of the many private hospitals run by Ramsay Health Care? If so how do you find them? I'm currently a cardiothoracic nurse employed by the NHS and am planning to emigrate within the next 18nths. A friend (also a nurse) has recommended them to me as she worked for them whilst living in Sydney. They apparently treat their staff well and have high standards of care. We are looking to go to melbourne and I have discovered that they have numerous hospitals there, one of which has cardiothoracics as a specialty.

Another friend who is nursing on NZ has told me that a lot of private hospitals close over the Christmas period - something that is of course a very attractive thing for me as I have young children now and am a bit fed up of having to work either crimbo or new yr every year. I'm unsure how this works as where on earth do the poor patients go? Surely it can't be guaranteed that they're all going to have recovered from whatever surgery they've had in time to be discharged before Christmas??

Anyway, apologies for waffling, I am just interested to hear of anyone who has experience of working for this company.

Thank you!

Saff
I've sent you a PM
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Is there nothing that Gordon Ramsay cannot do?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

My missus has worked for Ramsay, for just over a couple of years now.
She's never had any real problems and has maintained that working over here
is much better than working for the NHS.
Not sure if that is down to working for Ramsay, or just nursing in Aus being better????
Not sure where the Christmas thing comes from though? her hospital is certainly open over the holidays.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Pommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to all

Personally wouldn't recommend working for Ramsay! Not on the Gold Coast anyway.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:15 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I work for them but only as a student nurse here in Perth, so I don't get paid. There are a lot of UK people working there, who say its much better than NHS, but I certainly wont be working there when I graduate, I preferred my training time in the NHS when I was a student nurse there.