Rail jobs

Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rail jobs

Originally Posted by paddym
Hello mate,

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience out there. This is what kind of worries me about ditching a secure job and taking a risk especially when I hear of stories like yours.

I am open to having a go in the Middle East and Asia too but that would really be for monetary reasons more than quality of life which is why iv been looking into Australia.

Have tested the water with regards to Middle East and Asia but not had any sort of replies so its all hard to come by it seems.
Had a great experience, the downturn just meant leaving a few months earlier. had offers of a job in Sydney but wasn't interested. It's a tough choice, I got a sponsored 457 and they paid for all my visa costs, flights there and back and container there and back. All that would have cost me 20k GBP and there is no way I would have paid that to get some warm weather and mangoes for a few years. It was never permanent for me, just something different for a while.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

In my experience Rail is pretty bad at the moment, I was working on a rail job that got canned, now been transferred to a mining project. I'm on a 457 and was lucky I got transferred, a load of other 457 visa holders were laid off. Some found work but probably 60% of them returned home.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
In my experience Rail is pretty bad at the moment, I was working on a rail job that got canned, now been transferred to a mining project. I'm on a 457 and was lucky I got transferred, a load of other 457 visa holders were laid off. Some found work but probably 60% of them returned home.
Do you work for Ansaldo? just a stab in the dark
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

No, I've not actually heard of them. Are they WA based?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

They're based in Brisbane but got projects all over. Signalling company, what game you in?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm a Contractor QS. Done mainly building then done rail for a few years and came over on that basis. Worked on a rail job then as I say it was binned. So now in Iron Ore mining.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 12:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
No, I've not actually heard of them. Are they WA based?
They have an operation in Belmont, Perth. I used to work next door to them