Reload this Page >

racism? exaggeration??

racism? exaggeration??

Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: racism? exaggeration??

Originally Posted by Weebie
The Indian man who was murdered was mudered by 7 or 8 white youths and it was clearly racism.
Can you supply more info on that one? I don't remember it. I remember the one with the bloke getting beat up on the train by Asians and I remember Nitin Garg which currently is being prosecuted but they're currently saying it was not racially motivated.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: racism? exaggeration??

Originally Posted by slipper
But on the other hand I feel the media may be blowing this way out of proportion? - Of course many student were assaulted and even killed.
"Many" students were assaulted and even killed? How many, exactly?

As I recall, the reality is somewhat different. One of the assaults didn't even happen (the Indian guy lied to police about it to cover his attempted insurance fraud), one Indian student (Nitin Garg) was murdered by a white kid, two Indian students were murdered by another Indian student, two Indian students were attacked by other Asians, and Ranjodh Singh was murdered by two Indians (a husband and wife).

Seems to me that the greatest threat to Indians in Australia is violence from other Indians.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

slipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

As I recall, the reality is somewhat different. One of the assaults didn't even happen (the Indian guy lied to police about it to cover his attempted insurance fraud), one Indian student (Nitin Garg) was murdered by a white kid, two Indian students were murdered by another Indian student, two Indian students were attacked by other Asians, and Ranjodh Singh was murdered by two Indians (a husband and wife).

Seems to me that the greatest threat to Indians in Australia is violence from other Indians.
yeah well I've been educated. The mainstream media wont tell you the truth so you got to talk to people and find out, got to give me credit for that.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

im sure you posted this before, but i couldnt find it.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ever seen a white kid work in and Indian restaurant or a Chinese one? Nah, racism in Australia works in every direction. Of course it is there, Australia is a land of enclaves and everyone keeps their heads down in their own little enclave. Certainly around here the whites have been touched with the PC wand and are the least racist bunch of all. My white kids have twice been subjected to racist attacks when they were younger - one from a gang of Lebanese and both of them from a gang of aboriginal young people who thought throwing stones at them was a great idea (at that age my two were totally colour blind!).

General rule of thumb here for any colour/ethnicity/gender is dont do stupid stuff and walk down dark streets in dodgy neighbourhoods (or the food court in Westfield Paramatta in the late afternoon if you are a teenager). And dont worry, according to the PC media violence is only racism if white people do it.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:39 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Can you supply more info on that one? I don't remember it. I remember the one with the bloke getting beat up on the train by Asians and I remember Nitin Garg which currently is being prosecuted but they're currently saying it was not racially motivated.
Nitin Garg was murdered by 7 or 8 young white youths clearly it was racially motivated. Thats why the police have taken ages to proscecute as its been a difficult case. Unfornuatly he made the fatal mistake of walking in a park at night.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:40 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Ever seen a white kid work in an Indian restaurant or a Chinese one?
Er.. yes to both.

And in both places I've lived in Australia.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:59 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah white kids at the Indian restuarant I was at last week
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Look at all these murders of Australians in India. They are *all* clearly racially motiviated attacks and I plan to burn the Indian flag and a shitty effigy made out of pillow cases and straw in down-town Dubbo later today, having first informed the media in case my tiny posse of hangers-on doesn't get the press it doesn't deserve. Lila Salter, Dawn Emilie Giggs, Graham Staines, John Kelly ... and on and on. When will these sickening racist murders end?

Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Nitin Garg was murdered by 7 or 8 young white youths clearly it was racially motivated. Thats why the police have taken ages to proscecute as its been a difficult case. Unfornuatly he made the fatal mistake of walking in a park at night.
You don't know that. Currently the police are saying it's not. Doesn't mean it's not, maybe it is, but just because he was attacked by a gang of whites doesn't mean it's racist. Could have been a mugging or a personal vendetta.

How do you know it's racist? Have you supplied VicPol with your info?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah white kids at the Indian restuarant I was at last week
Good, someone probably pointed out the discrimination act to them - havent seen any around here but maybe our local white kids got fed up with asking.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Ever seen a white kid work in and Indian restaurant or a Chinese one? Nah, racism in Australia works in every direction. Of course it is there, Australia is a land of enclaves and everyone keeps their heads down in their own little enclave. Certainly around here the whites have been touched with the PC wand and are the least racist bunch of all. My white kids have twice been subjected to racist attacks when they were younger - one from a gang of Lebanese and both of them from a gang of aboriginal young people who thought throwing stones at them was a great idea (at that age my two were totally colour blind!).

General rule of thumb here for any colour/ethnicity/gender is dont do stupid stuff and walk down dark streets in dodgy neighbourhoods (or the food court in Westfield Paramatta in the late afternoon if you are a teenager). And dont worry, according to the PC media violence is only racism if white people do it.
Originally Posted by Dreamy
Er.. yes to both.

And in both places I've lived in Australia.
I've seen both in Aus as well.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I wish, I want, I really would like to see something like this in Melbourne... Any chance it may happen..... Thats a question for our Indian posters ?

Brick Lane

About 30+ Indian Restaurants in a row. It's just about the first place I head for when ever I take a trip back to the UK.

http://www.casebook.org/images/jpbrick4.jpg

Sydney Rd Coburg, would be a good spot
I've not seen anything of that scale in Melbourne, Dandenong(near the station) and in Footscray(Barkley village) are probably the closest
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Good, someone probably pointed out the discrimination act to them - havent seen any around here but maybe our local white kids got fed up with asking.
I'm with you on this one. Never seen a white face, on staff, in either Indian or Chinese restaurants.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:00 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I wish, I want, I really would like to see something like this in Melbourne... Any chance it may happen..... Thats a question for our Indian posters ?

Brick Lane

About 30+ Indian Restaurants in a row. It's just about the first place I head for when ever I take a trip back to the UK.

http://www.casebook.org/images/jpbrick4.jpg

Sydney Rd Coburg, would be a good spot
That's not a patch on Rusholme in Manchester. Supposedly the largest concentration of 'Indian' restaurants outside of the sub-continent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.