Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quotes from Paul Keating etc

Quotes from Paul Keating etc

Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:14 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quotes from Paul Keating etc

Can anyone post some of the famous quotes by Paul Keating and other politcians? My question about what a "stoush" is reminded me that he is famous for some of his colourful insults and they could be just the thing to liven up a quiet Friday afternoon.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:25 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quotes from Paul Keating etc

I might have known! There are websites dedicated to his abuse of the English language:

http://www.webcity.com.au/keating/
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Can anyone post some of the famous quotes by Paul Keating and other politcians? My question about what a "stoush" is reminded me that he is famous for some of his colourful insults and they could be just the thing to liven up a quiet Friday afternoon.
Ahhh Paul Keating, my favourite Pollie ever, Even in his brilliance I reckon he was underated particuarly on the world stage.

my favourite ever paul keating quote

He is a shiver looking for a spine to crawl up.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, and bascially you had to see him in action to appreciate him, was ole red neck hiimself. Probably Australias closest ever version of the "ultimate leader' or "furher' Ole 'feed the chooks' (in relation to press conferences) "sir Joh"
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:41 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Ahhh Paul Keating, my favourite Pollie ever, Even in his brilliance I reckon he was underated particuarly on the world stage.

my favourite ever paul keating quote

He is a shiver looking for a spine to crawl up.
at least he groped the queen...so he made an impact in the UK

my favourite ever paul keating quote = "Balmain boys don't cry".... lol, PK cried like a stuck pig
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:47 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the Foxtel channels, I think its the history channel runs a programme called 'labour in power'. Paul Keating figures quite large in it, and he comes across as a very smart intelligent, if somewhat bitter man.

What the heck happened to him? Kim Beazleys on the programme too, and is not a shadow of Paul Kearing. Did Paul Keating make a concious decision to leave politics?

If so, wouldn't it be fun if he decided to come back (he is young enough). I'm finding it hard to get interested in Oz politics cos the people bore me to tears... John Howard, Peter Costello , Kim Beazley.

A Paul Keating figure would spark things up again nicely Maybe next time he would squeeze the queens bum
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Paul Keating.

He once said 'The best way to see Darwin is from 35,000 feet.... whilst on your way to Paris'

Last edited by NickyC; Aug 12th 2005 at 2:51 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
at least he groped the queen...so he made an impact in the UK

my favourite ever paul keating quote = "Balmain boys don't cry".... lol, PK cried like a stuck pig
I think it was Neville Wran (who WAS from Balmain) who said that!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
One of the Foxtel channels, I think its the history channel runs a programme called 'labour in power'. Paul Keating figures quite large in it, and he comes across as a very smart intelligent, if somewhat bitter man.

What the heck happened to him? Kim Beazleys on the programme too, and is not a shadow of Paul Kearing. Did Paul Keating make a concious decision to leave politics?

If so, wouldn't it be fun if he decided to come back (he is young enough). I'm finding it hard to get interested in Oz politics cos the people bore me to tears... John Howard, Peter Costello , Kim Beazley.

A Paul Keating figure would spark things up again nicely Maybe next time he would squeeze the queens bum
Errr one Paul keating quote, which was an off quote caught by a newspaper may sum up what happened to him...

"Australia is at the arse end of the world" Which when looked at in the cold light of day, is possibly true., particuarly in view of this blokes intellect and the people he wanted to mix with.

Ask anyone that knows politics here, who was the best palimentary performer they have ever seen. It will always come out to PK. I've always said about him, I would have loved to have seen PK as a MP in Westminster.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

He's got to be better than 'Little John' Howard hasn't he?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:39 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Did well for a guy that left school at 15
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:19 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Errr one Paul keating quote, which was an off quote caught by a newspaper may sum up what happened to him...

"Australia is at the arse end of the world" Which when looked at in the cold light of day, is possibly true., particuarly in view of this blokes intellect and the people he wanted to mix with.

Ask anyone that knows politics here, who was the best palimentary performer they have ever seen. It will always come out to PK. I've always said about him, I would have loved to have seen PK as a MP in Westminster.
Bob Menzies in full flight was smoother than Keating and more incisive.