Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QUITTING TEACHING - Where do I start?

QUITTING TEACHING - Where do I start?

Old Dec 28th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: QUITTING TEACHING - Where do I start?

Originally Posted by isgraham
If you really don't know what you can do then I'd suggest going for a business analyst role. You don't need to know anything or even get anything right to be good at it all you need to do is stick close to the technical lead of a project and do the documentation I.e. be a secretary. On the other hand you could be a project manager, better pay more exposed equally useless.
I would suggest BA too, but not so cynically - BA's gather business requirements, and typically act as business/technical interface, take on some of the PM and change management - and also get involved in training (as a senior BA I worked with technical people, or had technical people working for me - and have a technical background so did not consider myself a secretary - but can understand how someone inexperienced may view the role as such!)
I know someone who transitioned from very senior teacher to BA - and took her only 3 years to match salary - she loves her new role - Good luck!
Old Dec 28th 2013, 12:18 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QUITTING TEACHING - Where do I start?

Often undervalued, but BA services are usually critical to a project's success. Amazing how often projects get to solution implementation stage before the penny drops that a BA is needed to identify what the business is hoping to achieve. Like putting the cart in front of the horse