Quick Question

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Quick Question

In my quest of trying to find rental accomodation for the first two weeks of our new life in Oz, wondered if anyone knew much about Chelsea, Victoria. We want to be near a beach. Have seen a cottage for rent but would appreciate any feedback on the place.

Muchos Grassi-arse
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:06 pm
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Never lived there but know of it I guess. Yes it is a seaside suburb and resonably well placed - it is a bit of a hike from the CBD and the most annoyning element I always found was that the Nepean HWY went from free flowing to a long series of badly intergrated traffic lights that take forever to get through shortly before you reach Chelsea. That used to bug me and for that reason have always had a bad vibe on the area - but its probably nice to live in.

If you are looking at landing here - you might want to consider somewhere a little further up the coast towards town - of ease of access and proximity to CBD itself... only my opinion though
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lostkiwi
Never lived there but know of it I guess. Yes it is a seaside suburb and resonably well placed - it is a bit of a hike from the CBD and the most annoyning element I always found was that the Nepean HWY went from free flowing to a long series of badly intergrated traffic lights that take forever to get through shortly before you reach Chelsea. That used to bug me and for that reason have always had a bad vibe on the area - but its probably nice to live in.

If you are looking at landing here - you might want to consider somewhere a little further up the coast towards town - of ease of access and proximity to CBD itself... only my opinion though

Thanks for that - what other places would you recommend I search under (near the sea?).
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:33 pm
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah tricky one that. Problem is that if you do look closer to town then prices start going up. But I think areas like Mentone, Beaumaris, Brighton type area might be best...