how long?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:40 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how long for all to go though ?

Hello,
I know I could go to FAQ but i cant really find what im looking for so wondering if any of you can help.
I was wondering now long it takes a skilled visa to go through from start to finish with meds and police checks (if everything goes through smoothly of course) ?
Also that is with an agent.
Have or did any of you had a agent if you dont mind me asking?
and just wondering how long it took or is taking for you if you dont mind me asking again?

We are hoping to go to Brisbane on a skilled visa as hubby in the motor trade. We have a fixed rate morgage it the mo going and dont really want to pay to come out of it as why im asking.

thanks katherine please help!!!!

Last edited by katherineiv; Mar 23rd 2004 at 4:08 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:40 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think its about 12 months, unless you are a nurse in which case, how fast can you pack your bag?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long for all to go though ?

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hello,
I know I could go to FAQ but i cant really find what im looking for so wondering if any of you can help.
I was wondering now long it takes a skilled visa to go through from start to finish with meds and police checks (if everything goes through smoothly of course) ?
Also that is with an agent.
Have or did any of you had a agent if you dont mind me asking?
and just wondering how long it took or is taking for you if you dont mind me asking again?

We are hoping to go to Brisbane on a skilled visa as hubby in the motor trade. We have a fixed rate morgage it the mo going and dont really want to pay to come out of it as why im asking.

thanks katherine please help!!!!

Hi Katherine,

My husband is a Painter & Decorator so we are applying for the Skilled Independent Visa.
We are with Go Matilda. Including meds, Police checks and agents fees we are looking at around £2,600.

We sent Kevin's certificates to our agent in Melbourne on 12th December, he then sent them to TRA around the 2nd week in February.
We are hoping that they will come back sometime in April, our visa application is ready to be sent straight away, although we've been told the application won't be looked at until Oct/Nov.
Fingers crossed we should have our visa by May 2005.

We are going to Adelaide and counting the days!

Good Luck, Kelly.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hiya,
my hubby is also a painter and decorator......we sent our tra off last August.heard a positive in September and sent our skilled application in November. We are hoping to be heading out some time in the autumn.

Sandra