Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question ! Regarding Bond Request

Question ! Regarding Bond Request

Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Andrea_amp_Rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question ! Regarding Bond Request

The DIMIA have had our medicals and police checks now for almost 2 weeks.

Can any one tell me how long it usually takes for them to request the bond money.

Also will they e-mail us or will we just get informed by letter we do not have an agent.

Thanks, any help would be appriciated.

Andrea
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:54 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question ! Regarding Bond Request

Originally posted by Andrea_amp_Rich
The DIMIA have had our medicals and police checks now for almost 2 weeks.

Can any one tell me how long it usually takes for them to request the bond money.

Also will they e-mail us or will we just get informed by letter we do not have an agent.

Thanks, any help would be appriciated.

Andrea
Hi Andrea

Ours was 3 weeks after the meds pcc's were sent back, I dont know how they inform u as it was our agent who e-mailed us

Good Luck

Where u headin?
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Andrea_amp_Rich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Biggy,

Brisbane hopefully Victoria Point.

Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:07 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I've seen of peoples experiences typically it is usually one month after the meds that they request the bond, or 4-6 weeks.

One week for the tests to come back and another for them to get there one week for them to think about it and another for the request to get to you....well so it seems from hearing of what others have gone through.

We are in the same boat! Meds were 4/6 and were just told today that everything was all clear and they were sent off today to AHC. So we're expecting to hear about something about 15th July!!! Fingers crossed!

Good luck! And don't worry...it'll come!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:10 pm

Originally posted by GillettFamily
From what I've seen of peoples experiences typically it is usually one month after the meds that they request the bond, or 4-6 weeks.

One week for the tests to come back and another for them to get there one week for them to think about it and another for the request to get to you....well so it seems from hearing of what others have gone through.

We are in the same boat! Meds were 4/6 and were just told today that everything was all clear and they were sent off today to AHC. So we're expecting to hear about something about 15th July!!! Fingers crossed!

Good luck! And don't worry...it'll come!
Where u heading for when the time comes?
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:21 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Sydney initially as the brother-in-law lives there and we know the place having been there 4 times (me on a 6 month working holiday years ago). Though we may well hire a camper and go up the coast.

We like the central coast but I also like the sunshine coast. So we're unsure at present and that's no surprise.

We want to have no mrtgage and the best chance of that is out of Sydney but if we do settle in there it would only be a very small mortgage. SW suburbs is looking preferable at the mo. Near family! That's probably not that good an idea though!!

Sod it!... hear comes the hijack!!
Where are you heading???
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:33 pm

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Sydney initially as the brother-in-law lives there and we know the place having been there 4 times (me on a 6 month working holiday years ago). Though we may well hire a camper and go up the coast.

We like the central coast but I also like the sunshine coast. So we're unsure at present and that's no surprise.

We want to have no mrtgage and the best chance of that is out of Sydney but if we do settle in there it would only be a very small mortgage. SW suburbs is looking preferable at the mo. Near family! That's probably not that good an idea though!!

Sod it!... hear comes the hijack!!
Where are you heading???
We are going to Yeppoon in Qld, staying with friends till they get fed up with us, then we will rent for a while then decide whether to buy or build