Reload this Page >

A question re: Auz police checks-criteria

A question re: Auz police checks-criteria

Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

sarbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question re: Auz police checks-criteria

Hi All,

I am a nurse, applying for PR on a 'skiiled independant visa', sub class 136 and eventually after 5mths my application was assessed on the 7th Oct (so much for nurses being fast tracked, and this has only been achieved by e-mails to Adelaide!).

I got home from work on thursday evening to find a 'yellow envelope', and as my shaking hands opened it, in hope of finding a visa approval, to my great disappointment I found a request of a police check for Oz.

I have had 2 previous visa's for Oz. I spent 11mths there in 98-99 on a working holiday vias, and I returned in Nov 2001 for a month's holiday.

I noted from the guidance booklet when I was filling in my application that a police check was needed for each country I had lived in for 12mths or over, so I sent one for the UK (I have never lived in any other country for 12 or over months).

As I was only in Oz 11mths, I never did one for Oz, so I was a bit stunned (and extremely stressed!) to discover I now also need one for Oz.

I have e-mailed my CO with no reply as yet. I was under the impression a Oz check would be not be need, as I had'nt been there long enough, but would they have taken into account both visits, and added them together to make the 12mths??? Although they were on different visa's and years apart?

Please could someone help?

Many thanks

Sarbear
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question re: Auz police checks-criteria

Originally Posted by sarbear
I have had 2 previous visa's for Oz. I spent 11mths there in 98-99 on a working holiday vias, and I returned in Nov 2001 for a month's holiday.
Theres your answer - although the 12 months were not continuous, they still count, and thats why the request - someone on here had a similar thing a while back, several holidays, all adding up to a total of more than 12 months.

Sorry, but it looks like you'll need to get the police heck done.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Theres your answer - although the 12 months were not continuous, they still count, and thats why the request - someone on here had a similar thing a while back, several holidays, all adding up to a total of more than 12 months.

Sorry, but it looks like you'll need to get the police heck done.
This just illustrates one of the benefits of having a top-class migration agent handling your case - you'd have been told to get that police check months ago and wouldn't be facing a delay now.

There is no point arguing with your case officer about it - send off for the police check immediately.

Jeremy
Old Oct 16th 2004, 11:02 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

If it's any consolation the aussie police checks seem to be coming back quite quickly at the moment. Ours took just over a week (onshore)

Jonboy
Old Oct 16th 2004, 11:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarbear
Hi All,

I am a nurse, applying for PR on a 'skiiled independant visa', sub class 136 and eventually after 5mths my application was assessed on the 7th Oct (so much for nurses being fast tracked, and this has only been achieved by e-mails to Adelaide!).

I got home from work on thursday evening to find a 'yellow envelope', and as my shaking hands opened it, in hope of finding a visa approval, to my great disappointment I found a request of a police check for Oz.

I noted from the guidance booklet when I was filling in my application that a police check was needed for each country I had lived in for 12mths or over, so I sent one for the UK (I have never lived in any other country for 12 or over months).

As I was only in Oz 11mths, I never did one for Oz, so I was a bit stunned (and extremely stressed!) to discover I now also need one for Oz.

I have e-mailed my CO with no reply as yet. I was under the impression a Oz check would be not be need, as I had'nt been there long enough, but would they have taken into account both visits, and added them together to make the 12mths??? Although they were on different visa's and years apart?

Please could someone help?

Many thanks

Sarbear
Nothing you can do but go with the flow. Arguing with it will take longer than obtaining the check. Many a person has come across your situation. My checks onshore were quick however I have heard some stories about offshore checks taking a while. Anyway the forms are available online and the process is simple.

Maybe a post in the immigration forum regarding Oz PCC timings might help you.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

sarbear is an unknown quantity at this point

I would Like to say many thanks to 'pollyana', 'JJonboy' and 'Bondipom'

for there constructive help with my thread, their help has been greatly appreciated.

To JAJ, your thread was not constructive, it was critical and rude.....

I'm not going to even justify to you why I have'nt used a agent, and I am 100% aware of the delay that this will cause my application, and at a very stressful time, I don't need a 'moderator' , (who's replies to other peoples threads I have in the past found extremely helpful), being the above.

No one is perfect...., and I am far from it, and I certainly have no intention in arguing with my CO!

I have found this site, invaluable during my application process, and hence the reason for leaving this thread, was again to ask for some information and guidance from those who have been through the same.

Many thanks to those who have helped me, and apologies for appearing a little stressed.

Sarbear